Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RROD! =[

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Ok so I know it's probably a random topic or whatever but

I JUST GOT RROD

Holy ****, I was playing Terry* and the xbox made a weird kind of noise then froze. turned it off/on again and saw RROD

This is like the second one xD (first one was my brothers's so no loss to me)

*It's actually Terry's fault :P j/k

Won't be playing SF4 for a good while now, sorry lads =[

Maybe might encourage me to get off me arse and come to XGC moar

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Wait a second...

RROD is caused by heat...

Heat's caused by fire...

Fire's caused by tiger shots...

Terry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

get the pc version :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Take your HD out and leave it out for about 40 mins. Put it back in and see if it works.

Fixed my Red Ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

RROD is caused by heat-related issues INSIDE the Xbox, so removal of the HDD would have no effect on that.

You're trying to see a correlation that just isn't there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    RROD is caused by heat-related issues INSIDE the Xbox, so removal of the HDD would have no effect on that.

You're trying to see a correlation that just isn't there ;)
    Was suggested by a friend and it worked for me.

/shrug

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Nah, what REALLY happens is you're letting it cool down, and then it's just pot luck on whether it'll keep working.

Buy a PS3! They're reliable! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

My console always red rings if there's too much power going through the extension cable. Small chance that's your problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Ramza wrote: »
    Ok so I know it's probably a random topic or whatever but

I JUST GOT RROD

Holy ****, I was playing Terry* and the xbox made a weird kind of noise then froze. turned it off/on again and saw RROD

This is like the second one xD (first one was my brothers's so no loss to me)

*It's actually Terry's fault :P j/k

Won't be playing SF4 for a good while now, sorry lads =[

Maybe might encourage me to get off me arse and come to XGC moar

Sorry to hear it chap =( Never got to play you either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Lucky bastard. My 360 eats disks and the standard warranty has run out, so now I'm trying to RROD mine and cant ****ing do it!
    (RROD warranty is 3 years, so I can get the whole thing replaced if I can induce a RROD)
    Hairdriers into the intakes while wrapped in towels while playing Dead Rising and the thing still wont overheat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sairus wrote: »
    Lucky bastard. My 360 eats disks and the standard warranty has run out, so now I'm trying to RROD mine and cant ****ing do it!
    (RROD warranty is 3 years, so I can get the whole thing replaced if I can induce a RROD)
    Hairdriers into the intakes while wrapped in towels while playing Dead Rising and the thing still wont overheat!

Ah sure have mine, I doubt I'll be getting it fooking fixed/new one
    For a small fee xD

jk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

How old is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

3 years I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Didnt microsoft extend the warranty to 3 years for rrod??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just tell them you have rrod and they'll fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I had one of those babies just before christmas, just bought a new box but I think the website was lying about the warranty since my first RROD repair was outside what they claim to be the warranty period, so don't listen to its lies.

My modded EX2 now appears to have packed in to some degree as well, so cheers all round! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

My 360 just died too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    I JUST GOT RROD

So that's what happened. I was wondering why the fight ended! Sorry to hear that man, but hopefully we'll see you in the xgc more now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I have a flashed xbox with a rrod issue. How likely is it that Microsoft will repair it eventhough it is flashed as it is still under warranty?

ALso would it possible to have the console sent to a different address after it is repaired as the collection address will be different since I am moving house

thanks in advance

I have a flashed xbox with a rrod issue. How likely is it that Microsoft will repair it eventhough it is flashed as it is still under warranty?

ALso would it possible to have the console sent to a different address after it is repaired as the collection address will be different since I am moving house

thanks in advance

I know we allow a good bit of off topic here but you should check the xbox forum rather than ask here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202987

There's a huge thread stickied, you should check there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

thanks in advance

Its worth a shot, I know someone who managed to get them to fix an out of warranty flashed console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Does anyone know how long it should take to have an xbox 360 repaired by Microsoft??

thanks

Righteo, I am going to lock this thread, this is the one you need to use.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202987

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement