Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How ya getting on?

• 19-01-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭

So folks most people finished exams and the rest have one or two more this week, how did ya get on? Ive had 4 so far and one more to do on Thursday, the dreaded Physics. Think i definatly passed 3 and who knows with the other one, could go either way.(Comms and IT)

How did ya think you did so far? you happy enough?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

I have maths on Thursday and Im finished, not been too bad so far with the exception of structures which was an absolute disaster. Probably the worst exam Ive ever done but the paper was impossible, might scrape a pass with a decent CA mark hopefully. The rest Im pretty sure Ive passed and done ok in.

I thought I did a really good job of Comms & IT last year and ended up with only 58% or something so yeah you've got to be careful with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

Only done one so far and i'm hoping I got a pass. It wasnt great for me as I went blank and padded it a fair bit. Came out of the exams thinking of all the stupid mistakes I made. One on Thursday and one on Friday now, they are both essay exams and I am dreading them.

But I thank my lucky stars when I look around and see people doing calculations as Maths and I'd fail for sure. There is nothing like that in my course all theory.

I will be dreading the results. But roll on the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Harps wrote: »
    I have maths on Thursday and Im finished, not been too bad so far with the exception of structures which was an absolute disaster. Probably the worst exam Ive ever done but the paper was impossible, might scrape a pass with a decent CA mark hopefully. The rest Im pretty sure Ive passed and done ok in.

I thought I did a really good job of Comms & IT last year and ended up with only 58% or something so yeah you've got to be careful with that one

Are you in arch or cons tech Harps? im 1st yr cons tech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i had 4 in total. 3 last week, and 1 more thursday.

im annoyed as i should be snow boarding in germany right now but the exams were cancelled and i had to cancel the holiday.

but i think i did very well.
    communications, well, i had it finished in 9 mins! lol what a joke. as soon as the first person left, about 80 or so other's jumped up and left too.

general computing, not too hard. all the info came flooding back when i sat down and read the papers! so im very happy.

Programming. same again, it just all came back to me. delighted as i already have 52 out of 60 in my CA so im hoping for a high result.

Maths on thursday. not doing the best here. currently have 39 out of 60 in my CA, so im hoping to get at least 30 from the last 40 to give me 70%+ in maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

theboss80 wrote: »
    Are you in arch or cons tech Harps? im 1st yr cons tech

Im in civil engineering, I think we all do roughly the same subjects

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Mine went ok. Finished on wednesday, luckily none of mine were rescheduled. Have you seen that the results arent out until the 15th feb now.

What courses have 60% CA? Mine is 40% CA and 60% exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭loca1

I'm over in the Nursing dept and ours is 50% CA 50% exam apart from one which is 30% CA and 70% exam dont like that one much.

Hope everyone gets good results and dont have to repeat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

my first year computer security and digital forensics course had a few 60% CA 40% exam.

didnt mind too much!

but shame on them for the results not being out until the 15th :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

but shame on them for the results not being out until the 15th :(

What? Does it say that on the website?

Maths: Already passed through CA but he threw in a few hiccups for us!
    Communications: Passed (nobody should fail it!)
    Programming: Messed up an imortant test during CA but actually feel like I've passed fingers crossed.
    General Comp: One I was most worried about but hopefully he passes me.

REALLY want the results.

First time I made it through Christams exams in college! YaY!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Yeah the exam results arent out until the 15th. Check the examinations section of LYIT website.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Bmmcool74

I am getting on fine thaboss80 how r u

Advertisement