If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QUOTE: 5.1 package

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

hi, I bought the Pioneer VSX-519vk from you before Christmas.
    What i was wondering what would you recommend : getting a speaker package if so which one(baring in mind the price range of the receiver). and could you please quote with delivery to Dublin
    or ........or should i just get a good sub and continue using the speakers i have (philips tall speakers) ...which sub could you recommend + ditto with the quote+delivery.

Also do you stock jamo sub 200 and if so what can you quote me.
    Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

robust wrote: »
    hi, I bought the Pioneer VSX-519vk from you before Christmas.
    What i was wondering what would you recommend : getting a speaker package if so which one(baring in mind the price range of the receiver). and could you please quote with delivery to Dublin
    or ........or should i just get a good sub and continue using the speakers i have (philips tall speakers) ...which sub could you recommend + ditto with the quote+delivery.

Also do you stock jamo sub 200 and if so what can you quote me.
    Cheers

Robust,

thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

We do have good budget 5.1 speaker packs available - such as the Yamaha NSP280 at just £149.95 - however if it was me I would just add to the system in stages and hold onto your existing Philips Speakers and add a decent sub - and replace the rest of the system in stages.

Prime Subwoofer candidates at reasonable are:

Cambridge S90 - £179.95 / €209.99 - meaty bass and looks good!

Tannoy SFX Sub - In short supply but just about available at the moment £119.95 / €139.99

My favourite would be:

Mosscade Titan 3.5 - One of my best finds last year - a great and really compact subwoofer - Isobarik driver configuration (ie it has 2 bass drivers - one hidden inside the cabinet) and it sounds like it should be about 5 times the size it is - a complete bargain at a Boardie special price of just £149.95 / €174.99.

Keep me posted if any of these are interesting,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.