Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King Lear

Options
  • 19-01-2010 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

What themes etc. is everyone focusing on for Lear?I have my mocks starting on the 1st and I can't decide what to revise or even look at!I don't want to try and cram everything in but like learn the characters and one or two themes well so that I can work on new ones after the mocks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Pessimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

This is what I heard:

1. blindness

2. suffering

3. love

4. the weather :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I think I heard there was something to do with a journey, maybe into madness/suffering and so on. The same old rubbish. I really hate King Lear, every single Tuesday we get a essay. We've covered everything and we still get ones, they're just repeating now. I suppose practice is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

pathway33 wrote: »
    This is what I heard:

4. the weather :confused:

something to do with 'pathetic fallacy' :confused::confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frog.girl!

I don't think the weather would come up by itself maybe with nature or symbolism or something.I hate the way Lear is so broad...

• Advertisement

frog.girl! wrote: »
    I don't think the weather would come up by itself maybe with nature or symbolism or something.I hate the way Lear is so broad...
    I don't think its board really. i think its nice and its pretty easy to write about, that said I average a B in all my essay which is slightly annoying. I'd take that in June but I want to improve in it. Badly want to do well English.
    Lets all hope for usual King Lear question in June. From looking back through the papers they all seem to be fairly similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 frog.girl!

yeh I need the A1 which I get in my class essays but we haven't gone into depth we are just expected to do it ourselves?!!

Ha, I'm starting to doubt my English teachers ability to teach us properly. Today she gave out to someone because their essay was way too short, but still got full marks?
    Yeah, since I only do 4 honours now I really need a A1 in all of them if i'm to stand any chance of getting Law. I'm very poor at English though, tend to blab on about useless things just to find length.
    I'm really hoping for just the basic, ''King Lear acts very foolishly throughout the play. He ends up suffering hugely due to this.'' That question would be sweet.:D

Sure as long as you can keep getting that, and then see how the mocks go, and then work from there.

Advertisement