Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recording phone interview?

• 19-01-2010 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hey all,

I am a journalist! I have a digital dictaphone that I use to record interviews with people I meet with face to face. I also have a caseette recorder. I used to have to have a connection that went into this recorder and then plugged into phone connection...I have since misplaced the lead and now only have the cassette recorder...I need to conduct interviews over phone again and everywhere I go no one knows what I'm talking about. I got the recorder from an office supplies shop that has since closed..other office supplies places don't even have a basic dictaphone...is there any connection I can get to plug into my digital one or anyone bloody help me..ahhhh!:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think this might be better suited here?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Not really, let's try Mobiles and PDA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

I know the gadget you mean, I used to have one like it. However, I always found it a pain in the backside, and found the old standby of a notebook and pen worked far better.

By the way, most mobile phones have a "record call" option on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mia2010

thanks guys Ill check it out. only thing is I'll be spending about a 100 quid a week ringing people on my mobile!! a phone interview for me would last around 20 mins at least..not very practical for me given that I interview 2 3 people a week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Ziboo

I suspect what you are after is one of these cables for a landline:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46963
    The above one goes between the phone and handset

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭mwrf

The Nokia N900 has an app that allows you to record your phonecalls if you want. :)
    You could set up a Voip account with someone and make cheap calls

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Use skype and a voice-recording plug-in and you can call all the landlines you like for about 3 euros a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's a couple of comerical applications out there for Symbian phones if you have one. I've not tried any off hand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Ultimate Voice recorder for symbian is the best so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement