Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Review (So Far!) AND Why is Firefox Messing Up The CSS!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,194 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Your opening div is outside the body tag, but the closing div is inside. Put both inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭silverwex

Thank you RoberFoster!

Actually, still not working in FF...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

I just modified your css and it works for me in firefox and ie

Try this. Just define the correct height you need.
    #wrapper {
    width:830px;
    height: 800px;
    margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
    border: 1px gray solid;
    background: white;
    }

Thanks kakee - works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

No problem. Thats how I do things trial and error, mostly error.

Just one quick thing you have an error on the home page you need a space between residentialproperty

Thanks again! :p

One thing though, if the other pages are slightly longer than homepage Ill have to constantly change the height values! I tried 100% but that didnt work.

Don't forget to put something meaningful in the title tag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Bit of general advice. If you code something in Firefox first, then it will work in Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE8. Get that all right first, then check it in IE and get it working in IE7/IE6. It's a lot easier that way.

Bit of general advice. If you code something in Firefox first, then it will work in Firefox, Safari, Chrome and IE8. Get that all right first, then check it in IE and get it working in IE7/IE6. It's a lot easier that way.

Good advice.

I'll add a little sidenote if I may. It's also good to get a working knowledge of the common IE bugs. Forewarned, you can design in a way that circumvents them rather than having to do a lot of rework to fix for IE. I know this practice saves me a lot of time. Here's a good starting point:

http://www.queness.com/post/683/10-awful-ie-bugs-and-fixes

• Advertisement
Advertisement