Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Holly_M wrote: »
    Interested in going to the gaeltacht this summer. I am in fifth year now and my irish is quite bad so would like to know if Spleodar is good for learning irish? I have read that is quite strict like no mobile phones or anything so if anyone has been there before could you tell me a bit more about it like the daily routine and whatnot. I dont want to go to a gaeltacht thats to strict. Thanks

In fairness, if you're looking for a Gaeltacht that's very lenient - you won't learn as much. You need to stop thinking in English, and bring yourself to start thinking in Irish. It's the best way to develop your conversational ability. Strict Gaeltachtai don't necessarily mean that they aren't fun.

Advertisement