Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

russian tatto parlor

• 19-01-2010 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hey guys and gal's

im thinking of getting my first tattoo

and i was browsing shops asking prices

its a large scorpion + two stars on the side of my bicep
    mixed between real and fake

looking through all the stores een 1 or 2 in holland they asked 150 - 250 euro ,

But just today i was on talbot st. and i passed an russian tatto parlor ,
    so i walked in and the guy said 100 , maybe 120 depending on how detailed it was.
    thing is its in an old irish apartment complex the above a headshop.... but when u walk in it looks so expert .

so i was wondering has any one seen it ? should i trust them ? there the cheapist proper looking tattoo place like its not as bad a bray , but not as good as connected on abby .

so guys o was wondering do u trust him ? they look really clean and they showed me loads of proper tattoo's even those on his mate that was there....

Should i ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

ask to see their portfolio....youll have this on you for life so dont rush it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mickmurphy

his work looks legit but i heard off bad places and there after scaps and bad marks after it was done

like his portfolio looks perfect , detailed one especially , but so sheaper compared to other's

was wondering if any one got there there or heard rumors :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Oh I know the place. Dublin tatoo energie or something? Was in there before. Bit of a weird oul place tbh with you. I won't say what was going on there but I'd never go back.

Check out Snakebite, Colour Works, Wildcat and Dublin Art Tattoo to name but a few.

oh go on tell me i love rumors hahaha :P i sound like a woman now

ill check ou the shops now ,

Ah I don't want to say incase I shouldn't but if a mod comes in and says I have to I will.

• Advertisement

awh man :P

u got much tattos yourself ?

are they really sore :P i paid for one my sister on her wrist

I've 2 so I think I'm only starting off. They don't hurt that bad imo. Just go somewhere decent man because you'll regret it otherwise if you get a dodgy one.

ah man i know that one :P bro warns me every time i mention tatoo's ....

my sis got hers in connected CVU now or somthing .... and there really 100% decent

It's true though, ya don't want a piece of sh1te on your arm. Connected CVU where's that?

abby street , between the jervis luas stop and abby st luas

its a well off place its a cloth store with a parlour downstairs

you got any pics of your tatoos ?

• Advertisement

Ah yea Connected Ink it's in Temple Bar too, don't know much about them though.

Yea I'll pm ya though I don't want to totally derail this thread.

yeh tehm man , there pretty good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

hunter164 wrote: »
    Bit of a weird oul place tbh with you. I won't say what was going on there but I'd never go back.

To be honest, if theres dodgy stuff going on in a tattoo parlour, you should say what it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

mickmurphy - I may have gotten this wrong, but you sound quite young.

DO NOT chose a tattoo parlour based on price.

Just like with most things, you paid for what you get. In general, a cheap tattooist is cheap because they're not as good.

There is plenty of info on the recommended parlours in this forum. Chose from one of those and go in and talk about what you want to have done.

Defo want to know what was goin on in there though!

Hunter164 - spill the beans, you're killing us man!

You'll be glad you did in the long run.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Hunter164 - spill the beans, you're killing us man!

No hunter dont.Unless its first hand experience its not relevant.Ive been in that place and it looks quite hygenic and profesional and also the portfolios look quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Were not talking about the Dragon tattoo studio here are we? Its the only one I know on Tolbot street.

thanks guys :)

avent got my tattoo yet decided to wait awhile , thought id wait :)

Advertisement