Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Play-Pen: D4RK ONION

Options
  • 19-01-2010 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭

Ladies, gentlemen, and gentlemen pretending to be ladies, please put your thanks-clicks together for D4RK ONION, in the play-pen this week!

For seven days only, D4RK ONION will drag himself away from smashing drum pedals, mashing joysticks and crashing after hours of Xbox, to answer your very personal questions.

A prolific member of boards.ie, and also other internet boards *coughfakedogfilmscough*, D4RK ONION defied all the odds and climbed out of the ghetto to become the man he is today. His first album, "SFRB Melodies", reached an impressive 87th in the charts after his mother bought four copies.

But D4RK ONION soliders on, and his newest album, "Teh Internetz", is set to take the county by storm. On the thought process behind his new album, D4RK ONION commented, "I thought they'd all be really good in Rock Band". Indeed, the video of the album's first single "The Boardsie in Me", is simply the up-and-coming star matching his very own melodies on his colourful drum pads.

Nobody knows where the name D4RK ONION came from, and perhaps we never will. He is a very private person, and we may never get a chance to ask about our relevant curiosities. If only there were a place we could pose such questions!

Ask away ...
    Tagged:

Comments

Tomato or tomato?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Halla Basin

What do you think of the proposed 3D Star Wars remakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Have you ever wondered what it feels like to......... :)

I know it's early but have got any plans for the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

I was wondering when the next one was going to be.

If you could pick a favourite game outside of your music/fighting genre,what would it be?

When will you have moobs?

What percentage of awesome are you?

Favourite forum on Boards?

Favourite poster on Boards?

should "giant shark vs mega octupus" get an oscar for best film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Is it true you have a girlfriend? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Would you rather get €50 now or €100 6 months from now? No sneaky 3rd options please.

Coke or 7-up?

Me or Fad?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

How's life?

Most extreme thing you've ever done?

Favourite sport?

Common thing you have least time for (and you can't say drinking!)?

Best/worst aspects of your personality?

What do you think of C&H's recent population boom?

Things all cool now between you and the Poet?

Most life-threatening situation you've been in?

Best memory?

What're your hopes for the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

If you could re-live one day of your life, what would it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

If you could be any character from street fighter who would it be and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Favourite quote?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

How long do you think it'll take before you get fed up and abandon this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Favourite game from the RB/GH series? Why?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks Synco, for that wonderful intro!
    Tomato or tomato? Tomato, for sure! :)
    What do you think of the proposed 3D Star Wars remakes? I'm not a big Star Wars fan. One of those things I've never gotten into. But I mean, those last 3 films were meant to be great, how could more go badly?!
    Fad wrote: »
    Have you ever wondered what it feels like to......... :)

I know it's early but have got any plans for the summer? I can't plan past next week, I only just got my accommodation sorted today, never mind the summer! But I imagine it will involve a lot of pizza and videogames. :)
    I was wondering when the next one was going to be.

If you could pick a favourite game outside of your music/fighting genre,what would it be? That's a tough one now. I'd have to make two categories. Firstly there's retro and that's Star Wing (Star Fox if you're not from Europe). It looked class, sounded class, played class and you got to make things go boom in 3D on a super Nintendo. That was so far ahead of it's time! For a more modern game, I really enjoyed Bioshock, nothing like torturing people with magic and guns, but the Bayonetta demo blew me away so that could be up there! 2nd goes to Portal, and 3rd to HL2:Ep2 because Alex is hawt :D

When will you have moobs? Despite my MASSIVE appetite, I never really gain wait, so I probably will not I'm afraid :o

What percentage of awesome are you? I am composed entirely of awesome, in a very "nerdfighter" sort of way ;)

Favourite forum on Boards? GH&RB would take this if it was more active, but C&H has to win cause of all you guys *aaaaaaaw* and because there's some good discussion to be had. Apart from this place, Fighting Games is great, and I love Prison

Favourite poster on Boards? Hmmm, this is one of those questions that could get me in trouble. Let's go with... Bobby, because he visits GH&RB and C&H!

should "giant shark vs mega octupus" get an oscar for best film? I have had the displeasure of watching this travesty in HD and I have to say, it should win every oscar tbh, especially special effects.
    Is it true you have a girlfriend? ;)Yes, this is true... She is wonderful, and I am lucky to have her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Do you say "French the lama!"?

Do you thinking that there is a D4RKER and possibly more 1337 (Oh yeah :cool:) Onion or vegetable than you?

What are your views on mainstream music these days?

How do you pronounce Peart? As Purt or Peert. I hear it's meant to be pronounced Peert.

Obama sees your photoshop skills and wants you to make him a campaign poster showing how awesome he is and how "down with the kids" he is. What would that poster look like?

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground lookin' like a foo' with your pants on the ground!" Is a quote from one of the greatest songwriters of this decade. Do you disapprove of low pants, gold in yo' mouth and hats turned sideways?

Are you a member of the people's front of Judea or the popular front of Judea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭phlegms

Phlegms: Mysterious stranger or insatiably handsome fiend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

how do you feel about cadbury's choclate closing down?

are you as broken-hearted as me?:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Are you looking forward to seeing our fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Did you see Avatar with your GIRLFRIEND?

Is you trollin'..?

Favourite thing about yourself?

Do you read? If not, why, dear god WHY? If so, what do you tend to read?

What annoys you most about people?

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Would you rather get €50 now or €100 6 months from now? 50 now, as I said, I can't handle planning ahead, so I'll take the money now, and buy 6.25 pizzas from Henry's.

Coke or 7-up? Coke, it keeps me going when I'm on a night out. I <3 Coke!

Me or Fad? Well Piggy and I did have a burger together, but Fad has that enormous ego. Joint first?
    jumpguy wrote: »
    How's life? Life is good, are people okay with me answering my questions in this format?

Most extreme thing you've ever done? I finished Jordan on expert in GH2. No seriously!!

Favourite sport? RB The only sport I'm good at, which is badminton. However, I do like watching Tennis, and I play a bit of that too!

Common thing you have least time for (and you can't say drinking!)? Being Politically Correct/Holding back my thoughts. I also have very little urge to learn to drive, but my mother is persistent if nothing else!

Best/worst aspects of your personality? I speak my mind a lot/ I speak my mind too much :eek:

What do you think of C&H's recent population boom? I wasn't fond of it to be honest! Due to my inability to leave a thread unread, I felt the urge to read everything, which made not being on boards annoying, cause I knew I had two hours of catching up to do! It has calmed down to a nice level now though, so I'm cool with that.

Things all cool now between you and the Poet? How could I stay mad with that pseudo-emo fluffy bear? Especially seeing as how I needed him for a place to stay :p

Most life-threatening situation you've been in? This is actually a long and humourous story, so I'll get back to it when this thread isn't so active. Do remind me though!

Best memory? Another toughie. Hmmm. *moves on to next question while thinking*

What're your hopes for the future? I really amn't sure, hence my lack of posting in the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" thread. I'll probably go back to college at some point to do something IT-ish, and get a job in that sector. If I can earn enough money to survive and spoil myself from time to time, that's all anyone could really want I think :)
    Daysha wrote: »
    If you could re-live one day of your life, what would it be? I think, and this is quite a downer, I'd probably go back to the day I made out my CAO and change it to something else. :( Anything else really
    Craguls wrote: »
    If you could be any character from street fighter who would it be and why? Chun-Li, what legs! :P
    chun-li_capcom_vs_snk.jpg
    phlegms wrote: »
    Favourite quote? Dooon't know a Dave, sorry...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yjlV9-FeVs
    How long do you think it'll take before you get fed up and abandon this thread? Oh, that's already happened Bobby!
    Jay P wrote: »
    Favourite game from the RB/GH series? Why? Guitar Hero 2, remains and always will remain the highlight of the genre. It was the game that got me hooked, the game that took so much of my time from me, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It also introduced me to a lot of good bands. Brilliant game, pick it up if ye can!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Least favourite fake dog film? :pac:

And no political answers.

Syncosised get over here and see what your friend is saying! :p

/Sh1t stirring. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Your Honda sucks. Did you know this? :P

jk mate

Jako8 wrote: »
    Do you say "French the lama!"? No, I haven't managed to work this into my vocabulary yet, it is a great phrase though! More info in the Doobly-Doo!

Do you thinking that there is a D4RKER and possibly more 1337 (Oh yeah :cool:) Onion or vegetable than you? Personally, I think you's is trollin' and that the concept of a D4RKer or even more 1337 vegetable than I is preposterous! However, I have heard that the numbers "5121" may make me even cooler still!

What are your views on mainstream music these days? I don't want to sound dismissive of anything, but I think it is a load of balls and that everyone in the charts should jump into a big hole filled with blogs from An Fhile. I can think of no worse fate.

How do you pronounce Peart? As Purt or Peert. I hear it's meant to be pronounced Peert.I always say Purt, like a good nipple. I also say two one one two.

Obama sees your photoshop skills and wants you to make him a campaign poster showing how awesome he is and how "down with the kids" he is. What would that poster look like? I'm not sure, but it may have a slogan which sounds something like this
    Come bust a move, where the games politics are played
    It's chill, it's fresh, it's Noah's Arcade the united states!
    ... ... (congress)

"Pants on the ground, pants on the ground lookin' like a foo' with your pants on the ground!" Is a quote from one of the greatest songwriters of this decade. Do you disapprove of low pants, gold in yo' mouth and hats turned sideways? I am a great believe of pants on the ground, mainly if it's not my pants and actually those of a hot lady Insect Overlord's.

Are you a member of the people's front of Judea or the popular front of Judea? I'm a member of Neil's Army for the destruction of Sweden, and the "injokes are funny" fan club! Does that count?
    phlegms wrote: »
    Phlegms: Mysterious stranger or insatiably handsome fiend? I'm going to go with the one where you're not good looking. (a). Did I win? (
    sekrit answer: you are of course both of the above!
    how do you feel about cadbury's choclate closing down? Is this true??! If so, I am more broken hearted than you! I need some chocolate to che... OH GAWD NO WHY!!!
    Are you looking forward to seeing our fight? I am, that way I can study it and kick your Sonic Boom-ing fail-style once and for all! You can then go home and be a family man!
    Aoibheann wrote: »
    Did you see Avatar with your GIRLFRIEND? No, I refuse to give that smug director any more money for his efforts!

Is you trollin'..? I'm not trollin', I'm Onion! <3

Favourite thing about yourself? I don't think I have a favourite thing. I hate a lot of me. Hair is awful, voice is annoying, beard wont grow properly. Imma go with my sense of humour. I like my funnys.

Do you read? If not, why, dear god WHY? If so, what do you tend to read? I don't read too much, it takes up valuable game time. I do read the Ross O Carrol Kelly books though, and I read 1984, because hey, I totally want to be like Synco in every way :P

What annoys you most about people?I hate when people have no knowledge of computers and refuse to learn. A lot of these people are proud of their ignorance like it's something good to be able to say "OH SHER I WOULDN'T EVEN BE ABLE TO TURN ONE OF THOSE THINGS ON HERR DERR". My 80 something year old Nan has learned to use a computer recently to talk to her children in Australia over skype. If she can do it, so can anyone else!

EDIT: And may I say, I'm insanely proud of her :D

Cake is lovely

Jako8 wrote: »
    Least favourite fake dog film? :pac:

And no political answers.

Syncosised get over here and see what your friend is saying! :p

/Sh1t stirring. ;)

Ah, that's easy! The lads wrote a Christmas song for one of their videos, and with out wishing to sound too mean, it's terrible. The video is grand, but the song, oh the song!
    Xinkai wrote: »
    Your Honda sucks. Did you know this? :P

jk mate
    *Checks the results of last week's Ranbat*
    Hmmm there I am at joint 7th but where are you?
    *checks again*
    Why, you don't appear to have placed! Oh how terribly embarrassing for you? Are you embarrassed? You should be! My word, I would be! :D:p;)

Doom is an exceptional person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Will you steal An File's hat for me please?

What is your favourite meaning of \o/?
    (Myself and Aoibheann have decided everyone must have a favourite meaning...)

How/Why'd you learn to photoshop?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Have you ever been to any gaa games?
    Which do you prefer gaelic football or hurling?
    Could(you dont have to do it) name 8 players on either football or hurling team of your county?
    Whos going to win the AI in football and Hurling this year?
    How far is Waterford going to go?
    Are you regretting posting on the other thread a minute ago coz now you feel dumb about not being able to answer these?
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Any specific favourite memories?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Doom is an exceptional person

You can stay... :)

Would you like me to post your fight here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Any phobias?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

dogs or cats?

• Advertisement

Will you steal An File's hat for me please? Yes, I will, I hate that thing!

What is your favourite meaning of \o/?
    (Myself and Aoibheann have decided everyone must have a favourite meaning...) I originally thought it was a vagina, which made it's use very odd to me, but my good friend Sharpshooter told me it's real meaning and I think it's pretty cool so let's go with woo! \o/

How/Why'd you learn to photoshop?My friend Neil downloaded it to make in game map pics for the maps he used to make, in a game called Dawn of War. He offered it to me too and I said, yeah why not? I learned it with him, we showed each other tricks and tips, and did random photoshop challenges against each other! He got better than I did in the end!
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Have you ever been to any gaa games? Personally I have no problems with homosexuals of "gaa" people as you incorrectly spelled it, but I have yet to go to one of their games. I'm sure they're no different to tha games of heterosexual people though!
    Which do you prefer gaelic football or hurling? I dislike both, but I hate hurling less, so let's go with that one!
    Could(you dont have to do it) name 8 players on either football or hurling team of your county?I'm in Clare. I can name some, but it's possible most of them don't actually play hurling for Clare anymore! Anthony Daly, Jonathan Clancy, Pakie Boner, Davie Fitzgearld, Ollie Baker, Brian Lohan, Colin Lynch!
    Whos going to win the AI in football and Hurling this year? A...I... What does the I stand for? (RvB quote!)
    How far is Waterford going to go? About as far as my knowledge of GAA!
    Are you regretting posting on the other thread a minute ago coz now you feel dumb about not being able to answer these? Not knowing about GAA? I feel cooler already!
    :)
    Craguls wrote: »
    Any specific favourite memories? The Fake Dog Film party last year was fantastic as a meet up, a chance to dress as a member of the streets of rage, a road trip and a chance to see my friend Neil fail at life.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyba2P6IkkE

Would you like me to post your fight here? I was going to post it myself, but this way I don't seem self obsessed! Yay! \o/ Make a new thread and everything!
    A Neurotic wrote: »
    Any phobias? I hate unstable heights, they freak me out completely. Can't handle them.
    dogs or cats? Dogs :) See Alice Below :D
    380725745a11871592076l.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement