Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Pokemon sub-forumed under Television

• 20-01-2010 12:31am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Took me a while to find it. Everyone knows Pokemon originated from the games, not the Television show. Its got more of an attraction under the RPG sub-forum, as most Pokemon games are RPG based.

Its also broadly known that the games is the most popular medium of Pokemon, not the T.V show. Theres far more to discuss regarding all the Pokemon games, rather than the television show (which has gone to tripe in the last 3 series' btw)

So... will it be changed or am I on my own here thinking this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Dunno, I guess we'll have to see how it turns out. It did start as a game though, so I would've thought it would go under the games section. TBH though, I don't really mind where it is, as long as it's available and stays for good :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Always saw the animé as a spin-off... so it does seem a bit out of place here.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I too was confused by it's placement. Most of the discussion here is on the games too, not the tv series. I'd day moving a forum is a pain though!

If we are going to move then I think we need a permanent Pokémon Moderator.
    The mods at the moment are Arts mods. They're great but they have a large amount of forums to Moderate.
    There are a few people here who could be mod but I think D4RK ONION would be a good choice. He's already a mod and he's interested in Pokémon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I totally agree, it's great to have the forum but it feels SO out of place under Television when there's a Roleplaying section under Games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I would have thrown it under Soc or Rec, simply because no matter where you put it, some one is going to have something to say.
    Either that or make a hole new section purely for Pokémon. :rolleyes:
    haha

Really though, as long as it's here and every one's friendly I'm dead happy. Delighted to see it's taken off so well so quickly.

Here's to a happy new forum. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 708 ✭✭✭syncosised

There hasn't been one specific topic about the TV show yet, it's almost all about the games. I think it would be in the board's best interest to be moved to the Games > RPG section.

Look lads, once it's under Subbed it shouldn't matter.

CianRyan wrote: »
    Look lads, once it's under Subbed it shouldn't matter.

True that yo. It's my only subbed forum :D

True that yo. It's my only subbed forum :D

I have 23 but this is the first I look at now.:D:D

• Advertisement

I have 23 but this is the first I look at now.:D:D

You may have 23, but this is the only one you'll ever need ;)

It's more to do with people finding it for the first time rather than repeat visitors. If I were looking for it, I wouldn't even think of Television, and if I did find it there, I wouldn't think it was suitable to game discussion.

Word of mouth, boy!

Check the sig.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i still dont think it belongs here, based on its majority audience and appeal

If the mods/Admin feel the need to change it they will, it's really not up to us.

We had to work hard to get it in the first place, lets not get greedy.
    We have the forum, lets enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

It's a fair point and one I understand however, there will be those who may think it should stay here under television as it is more than likely the main reason pokémon took off. I.E huge audiences. Personally it's the reason why I bought the game originally, i seen it on tv and thought "WANT!"

Which category it is under shouldn't really matter as most have noted. You aren't restricted to talking solely about the tv series'.

I really don't think it's a huge issue tbh :-/

Still working on picking a mod fear not :)

Will wrote: »
    Still working on picking a mod fear not :)

May we suggest?

Yeah go for it

I think Ataven would make an awesome mod.
    He always seems to keep a level head and he is very positive.

Also, it was his idea after all.:rolleyes:

I think Ataven would make an awesome mod.
    He always seems to keep a level head and he is very positive.

Also, it was his idea after all.:rolleyes:

Aw thanks :D

I'd happily mod if need be :)

• Advertisement

I think atavan-halen too, Since atavan started the forum he would make an ideal mod.

I believe the easiest way of saying this is ... +1!

Just a note, just because someone proposed a forum and it came through doesn't mean they will be automatically made mod. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

No issues moving the forum if needs be if everyone comes to an agreement where it should be.

:)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think gaming would be more suitable personally. As it seems to be the source of most of the discussion so far. I think more people would look for it there. That's just my €0.02.

Also, if you're looking for a current mod to go with a new face, just to show 'em the ropes, give advice etc. I'd be more than happy to take the position, if even just for a while til the new guy is trained in. :)

If it will make people happy to see it moved then I can get behind that.
    As I've said, once it's in subbed, I never have to go looking for it and I got links in my sig. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

Maybe a mod or someone should set up a poll or voting thread to see where people think the forum should be?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I didnt mean for it be blown out of proportions like this, it was just a suggestion :pac:

A poll would be a good idea, best to nip it in the bud now, before the board gets much bigger.

• Advertisement

Like I said before, I don't mind where it is as long as it's accessible :)

Big thanks for the mod votes aswell :D

Advertisement