Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Friends. Why Me?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

If that is the only point then surely any activity which makes a person happy is worthwhile for them, obviously within reason
    Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. And right here I would stop trolling this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    Obviously you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine. And right here I would stop trolling this thread.

Well I was merely hoping for a greater qualification of what you said earlier. Chillax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Should I? Well then: read a book, write a small program, chat with OH about something nice and relaxing (maybe plan holidays), redesign the garden, listen Type O'Negative, upgrade train model set, paint a few Warhammer figures with my son, have a glass of wine with an old friend, configure home server, make backups, hoover the car, watch something different than bloody Avatar (sh1te for masses), go for a jog, take photos, go to the restaurant... Do you really need me to go on, so that you have a few fresh ideas for what to do with your life?
    Warhammer ftw

DigiGal wrote: »
    Warhammer ftw
    Whats wrong with Warhammer?

I think you will find that ftw means for the win....for example I liike that...that is good it wins.....
    Someone who plays warhammer and doesn't know netspeak
    *lolocaust*

• Advertisement

I think you will find that ftw means for the win....for example I liike that...that is good it wins.....
    *lolocaust*
    Waste of time..

Waste of time..
    you are very new to this website arent you.....
    good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Warhammer ftw
    *lolocaust*
    Waste of time..
    you are very new to this website arent you.....
    good luck

There, now you have a friend.
    /thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 racoonz

Haha, I actually have an 18th b-day party that night but I was never too fond of the person in question, might cancel

im sure if the persons whos birthday that was ever seen that theyd realise how ungrateful you really are, you complain about having no friends so why treat the ones you do have like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Making changes to your life always opens new avenues for meeting people. Get a part-time job (I know, there's a recession :rolleyes: ), take up a hobby, join a club(look for one's outside your college as well, like local athletics clubs) or even just volunteer in the area. I really hope things work out for you. Also, be on the look-out for prospective flatmates for next year, so when you move in with them you can leetch their friends :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I don't know loads about this, but like you I moved into a secondary school in senior cycle. It took me a while to find my feet too.

I just wanted to point out though that it's good you're out there and trying to make friends. You seem genuine and well sound!! I know plenty of people that have no interest in making friends/ are popular and total douches. I think you'd be a good friend so yeah...I'll stop ranting now :) Peace out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

Hi guys,

this is my first post,so be gentle;). This is a subject i know too well sadly Digigal your not alone on this. I've done three PlC Courses over the years and i don't think i made one lasting friend in either one. The sad thing about it is i did go out with them on nights out, did talk, did exchange numbers, added them on Facebook had them sleep over after nights out, helped them with assignments, got stoned with them. The thing i found is a good 90% of a class don't want to make friends they have 'em at home and so will go out with them on a friday night, or have Girlfriends or a Job to go too and aren't interested in getting to know their class.

Other reason's you might try to hard to please people straight away and that puts a lot of people off, i did that on my first Plc course and i was pretty much screwed after my first month. If your single and good looking you will find it easier to make friends (especially if your the only male or female in class), if your a bit of a joker and also seen as the group leader you make friends no probelm. If you are big weed smoker you make friends soon enough;).

My biggest advice don't go in to a course wanting to make friends cause it usual never happens plus sometimes you just find a lot of people aren't there to make friends(i don't want to seem bad but its true)they just want to study and go home. Even on college nights out Fresher week half a class never turns up so, they are best way to make friends or college buddies at.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Since you mentioned warhammer.... Join a club? Pop into GW and have a few games? Find someone in your general area you can play with? Tis a cool hobby alright, must get back into it myself :P I still haven't got the 8th ed Beasts book yet!

Advertisement