Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing an airlock in Triton T90si when the water pressure is low?

• 20-01-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

There is probably a very obvious answer to this one, but thought I'd ask anyway before spending money on a call-out to be told the same thing!

Over the past few days, the council have reduced the water pressure... which left me with airlocks in the cold water supply upstairs- sink and bath tap and cistern. The airlocks were easy enough to sort out (with plenty of good advice from everyone here, thank you to all)

However, the shower (Triton T90si) still has no water supply. I'm reluctant to tackle it myself and plan to call a plumber. I'm guessing that as well as air I may have a bit of dirt in the filter.
    But I wonder is there any point calling them in while the water pressure is still pathetic?
    Is it pressure thats needed or is it more like bleeding a rad to release the air?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

I'm up again this morning cold water back on and am in exactly same position as guy above - no water anywhere else.

Just tried the blocking cold tap 3 times to get water coming through hot tap but it hasn't worked.
    going to read other unblocking tips.

Advice on shower appreciated - i've also got triton ts90i - coinkydink!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AMS2010

Thanks meercat,

Found it very useful, and got brave enough to try fix it myself. Had a wonderful shower this morning!

Advertisement