Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A kitten and a bird...

Options
  • 20-01-2010 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

I thought these guys might brighten up your day! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*girly moment*
    OMG that is uber cute!! #6 is the heartmelting moment and #9 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

star-pants wrote: »
    *girly moment*
    OMG that is uber cute!! #6 is the heartmelting moment and #9 :)

I know, my god, so cute!!!

*not afraid to admit he's having a girly moment!!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

That bird better not get too comfortable. He's a cat; it must all be some clever, cunning plot to lull the bird into a false sense of security before POW! Lights out.

It may be all cute and cuddly now, but just you wait. One day you'll wake up and all you'll see are feathers and a very satisfied looking cat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

liah wrote: »
    That bird better not get too comfortable. He's a cat; it must all be some clever, cunning plot to lull the bird into a false sense of security before POW! Lights out.

It may be all cute and cuddly now, but just you wait. One day you'll wake up and all you'll see are feathers and a very satisfied looking cat.

Noooo...

I've seen the other pictures, you couldn't be more wrong!

They end up falling in love with each other and move into a little burrow with a baby mole. They all cuddle up together each night and sing little songs to one another, and whisper about how in love and happy they are until they fall asleep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Awhh damn! that is freakin' adorable! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Off over to Sunshine, Rainbops and Lollibows with ya with that v cute.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lol brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

OMG sooooooo CUTE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

That is far too cute :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

OP all it takes is for that kitten to swipe the bird with one or two of its claws out and your bird is going to have some nasty puncture wounds, and the bacteria in a cat can cause blood poisoning in birds.

That bird is only a chick, I'm guessing 2 or 3 months, and does not yet have much in the way of common sense.
    Once that kitten gets older and it's instincts get sharper it will have that bird for lunch. I have seen it happen, "cat pays no heed to the bird" "cat sleeps away while the bird is singing in his cage", owner leaves the room for 2 minutes and comes back and the bird is dead.

Sorry to rain on your parade but that's the truth of it.
    You cannot trust cats with birds or rodents, and I speak with 20 years of cat owning experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Adorable! I love the duo you got there :)
    Cute budgie, how old is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭BrigR

The pictures really did make my (otherwise pretty grim) day! Hope the 2 of them remain as friendly, it may develop into a love story like "The Owl and the Pussycat"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭irishdub14

amazing pictures well done!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Magenta wrote: »
    Once that kitten gets older and it's instincts get sharper it will have that bird for lunch. I have seen it happen, "cat pays no heed to the bird" "cat sleeps away while the bird is singing in his cage", owner leaves the room for 2 minutes and comes back and the bird is dead.

Sorry to rain on your parade but that's the truth of it.
    You cannot trust cats with birds or rodents, and I speak with 20 years of cat owning experience.

Ignore Magenta's post OP.

I speak with over 35 years experience of watching Sylvester and Tweety Pie animated documentaries and the bird is in little danger from the cat. In truth the cat is in more peril, quite likely to succumb to losing many of his 9 lives via a series of amusing falls, collisions, explosions and such like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭HermitHorace

Why insert reality into this?

I say the bird and kitten will end up plotting the death of next doors dog.

They're evil looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Limerickgal82

Cheered me up no end :D Very Cute Kitten.. My Kitten would have eaten said bird !

Advertisement