Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving box

Options
  • 20-01-2010 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello there!

I'm moving back to Spain in 2 weeks and after searching a lot I found a very chaep company to move all of my stuff. The thing is, I'd like to send the bigger parcel I can, so I'd need a box of aprox 200cmx60cmx80cm, and it must be very strong as it's supposed to weigh 50kg. Does someone know where I can find it? I've checked Ikea, Argos, and several websites....

Thanx a lo lot!!!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Have you tried stationery stockists? I've ordered very large boxes at work from our stationery company (I live in NZ so I don't think giving you the company we use would help!), they arrive packed flat and you make them and then tape them so you can make them really strong by using more tape. Also, when i sent a box the company I used wrapped it completely in clear plastic so it was quite strong. We sent 30kgs doing this.

50kgs is a lot though. Have you looked in to crates or tea chests?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

A tea chest may be your best option. If you are looking for a free supply, you could go to shops that sell fridges etc and see if they have old boxes to give away?

Advertisement