Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Porous defence

Options
  • 20-01-2010 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I've recently bought FM10, after having not played the previous few versions. Got sacked after just over a season with Longford Town despite building a decent squad, got the job at Drogheda where I suffered the same fate in similar circumstance and now I'm at Walsall where I can see a pattern begining to emerge.

My problem is I ship too many goals; four at the back, five at the back, a holding midfielder, two holding midfielders, man marking, zonal marking, specific training schedules - I can't keep clean sheets and regularly lose by crazy scorelines like 6-3, 5-4, 6-2. As a result I can never get any consistency going as I lose games I should be winning and drop silly points all over the place.

Anyone have any advice?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

make sure you have your defenders all set to ultra defensive, little creative freedom and not making forward runs etc. other than that unless you have them playing too deep or too far up the pitch its just bad players.

set closing down to normal or 1 click above normal and dont play offside. bad players will just get caught out.

Advertisement