Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo on neck

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Oops...........sorry. :o
    Don't worry about it. It takes a bit of a while to get used to me.

OP trust me you'll be glas in a while that you're getting the tattoo on your arm. I got a neck tattoo when I was 19, heavily into the tattoo and piercing scene(46 piercing) and had two piercing apprenticeships lined up which fell through. Two years later I now have only one piercing. Like people have said alot changes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Back on topic though and Im not gonna be as nice as some peeps.

OP youre 18 and you want your neck tattooed.I think you need to grow up a bit.You`ve no ink at all and the first one was going to be your neck.Jesus christ no artist in their right mind would do that tattoo and if someone did they should be strung up for it.

Ive nothing against neck tattoos--hope to be there myself someday after Im heavily inked everywhere else and so financially secure that I wont need a job ..however on someone who has no other ink in my opinion it makes them look like a scumbag.Apologies for being blunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Don't worry about it. It takes a bit of a while to get used to me.

OP trust me you'll be glas in a while that you're getting the tattoo on your arm. I got a neck tattoo when I was 19, heavily into the tattoo and piercing scene(46 piercing) and had two piercing apprenticeships lined up which fell through. Two years later I now have only one piercing. Like people have said alot changes.

Holy ****:eek:

Lornas554 wrote: »
    Well to be honest its people like you that’s making me what to get my tattoo, how can you say it will make someone a scumbag? You have no right to judge anyone and call them a scumbag!!
    And it isn’t my first tattoo I’ve being getting tattoo’s since I was 15...
    Wow you're missing his point here.

Hellrazer has ink, is a mod of a body mod forums, he stated his opinion that if he sees non heavily body modded ppl with a neck think it's what he thinks of them immediatly, even hot 2 def a tattooist has stated a similar opinion, now imagine what a clean cut employer would think. After all opinions of people are first formed on appearence.

When I was getting my dream catcher 3 guys were on a stag do getting neck tattoo's, claw marks in red like the monster energy drink, a shamrock and some other think and honestly all i thought was pikey scummers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well I kind of get where your coming from, but I don’t think anyone has a right to call anyone a scumbag especially if they don’t know them and are only judging them because of a tattoo on their neck lots of people I know have tattoos on their necks and are far from scumbags!
    So you need to think before you use that statement.

He didn't call anyone a scumbag, he said people with neck tattoos can look like scumbags, which I kind of agree with.
    Most times when I see a tattoo on someones neck, I think the same thing. They might be perfectly lovely people, but that's the impression I get. Just like someone with tracksuit trousers tucked into their white socks, or big gold hoopy earrings with pyjamas outside, some things just give that impression.

• Advertisement

No, I actually don't, It's an opinion, I'm entitled to it, just like you are entitled to think I'm a pr1ck for thinking that. Everyone has one whether you like their opinion of you or not.

Sofaspud wrote: »
    He didn't call anyone a scumbag, he said people with neck tattoos can look like scumbags, which I kind of agree with.
    Most times when I see a tattoo on someones neck, I think the same thing. They might be perfectly lovely people, but that's the impression I get. Just like someone with tracksuit trousers tucked into their white socks, or big gold hoopy earrings with pyjamas outside, some things just give that impression.
    Harsh dude harsh...no more buying you a beer at beers :mad::confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

And it isn’t my first tattoo I’ve being getting tattoo’s since I was 15...

Whoa I respect you.. give us your artists name there so I can NEVER go to them.

Harsh dude harsh...no more buying you a beer at beers :mad::confused::(

I said they can look like scumbags, no all do! I can't even remember seeing one on your neck.

It's really only the side of the neck that I see as scumbaggy, I don't think I've ever seen a side-of-neck tattoo that doesn't make the wearer look like an ex-con.

And when did you ever buy me beer anyway? :D

I said they can look like scumbags, no all do! I can't even remember seeing one on your neck.

It's really only the side of the neck that I see as scumbaggy, I don't think I've ever seen a side-of-neck tattoo that doesn't make the wearer look like an ex-con.

And when did you ever buy me beer anyway? :D
    good answer.

Jimmy Trigg I do not think yer side of the neck tattoo makes you look like a ex con I think it's epic.
    (this suck up was brought to you because with dooley moving in with you I've a feeling you'll see me at weekends)

The last beers you gicker!!

• Advertisement

good answer.

Jimmy Trigg I do not think yer side of the neck tattoo makes you look like a ex con I think it's epic.
    (this suck up was brought to you because with dooley moving in with you I've a feeling you'll see me at weekends)

The last beers you gicker!!

Again, diplomatic answer, when the side-of-neck tats flow with a bodysuit / goes below the visible neckline, I think they look cool. But single tattoos that are just on the side of the neck, on non-heavily tattooed people can look scumbaggerish. I'm getting more and more specific each time :P

I mean tattoos that are just side-of-neck tattoos, not collarbone / chest / shoulder ones that expand all the way.

Well now haha who do you think you are, there is nothing wrong with tracksuits and wearing gold hoops that’s peoples own choice to dress like that.
    That’s exactly why I’m getting a tattoo saying “ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME”, because really you can’t judge anyone because of their style, I like to wear tracksuits and gold hoops and I am far from a scumbag!!!
    You need to sit down and think it over and realise that pedos/rapists etc are the scumbags not people who decide to dress a certain way and want a tattoo on the side of their neck.
    Why can't you accept that everyone has an opinion. I actually don't hang around with guys that wear nike air max, peaked caps at weird angles.

You are taking this as a personal attack on you, which it is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Well now haha who do you think you are, there is nothing wrong with tracksuits and wearing gold hoops that’s peoples own choice to dress like that.
    That’s exactly why I’m getting a tattoo saying “ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME”, because really you can’t judge anyone because of their style, I like to wear tracksuits and gold hoops and I am far from a scumbag!!!
    You need to sit down and think it over and realise that pedos/rapists etc are the scumbags not people who decide to dress a certain way and want a tattoo on the side of their neck.

annnnnnnd if anything else didn't wrap this up..I'm pretty sure that does..

Well actually it was a friend of the family, so don’t be making out he’s a bad tattoo artist because I was only 15 when he did my tattoo!!
    It was a birthday present!
    It's still highly unethical also please type normally, using bold all the time is just annoying.

WHATEVER IM SORRY ISIT ANNOYING YOU !!!!

I'm pretty sure he just said it is.

Well you know what I dont care haha
    I got a lovely new pair of nike air max oh I better not say that I dont want you thinking Im a "SCUMBAG" , It is a personal attack I only wanted to find out does anyone do tattoos on the neck, now im getting accused that if I get it i'm going to look like a ex con and a scumbag.
    Ye were a great help thanks!!:cool:

Cya now.
    Dutch gold is on sale in tesco btw..if you like that sort of thing.

Personal attack example: Lornas554 I think you are a scumbag because you wear nike airmax, tracksuits and gold hoop earrings, want a highly visible neck tattoo from a gangster.

My personal opinion example : when I see people with highly visible neck tattoo's I think scumbag.

Notice the difference??

Also if yer family friend tattoo artist refuses to tattoo your neck even after inking you at 15 maybe thats saying something.

Mods lock please?

Again, missing the point. I said that's the impression that the "style" gives off. It's not just my opinion, when most people see gold hoopy earrings, tracksuits etc, they think of scangers / scobes / chavs etc, because that does seem to be their uniform.
    While people may dress the same as scangers and give off the impression they are, they could be perfectly lovely people. You seem like a delight, for instance. But most people will judge based on appearance, and that won't change any time soon.

I really dont care im sick of listening to ye.
    Grow up.

You really need to do a LOT of that yourself..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 loki87

think your best off leavin it lads this is only goin around in circles :pac:

• Advertisement

Your no better than me so climb outta your own hole and stop being so stuck up you snob.
    And for you information I dont even drink!

I'm sorry, what?
    Where did I say I was better than you?

or did you just pick that up out of nowhere?
    like when you picked up the idea that getting a tattoo on your neck was a good idea?

nah I dont think so, im not the one who judges people on how they dress I have more cop on !

You're refusing to acknowledge that pretty much everyone judges others on how they dress. I'm not saying being judged is a good thing, I get it a lot too, long hair, dreadlocks, beard, glasses, tattoos, piercings, these things get judged. I've been on the receiving end of it, but people get judged on appearance, it's a fact of life.
    Can you honestly say you've never judged anyone ecause of their appearance?

You dont need to say it, oh Dutch Gold bet you thought you were awful funny.
    Its my life my body so why do you care!!

honestly, I don't give a shít anymore.
    I did but then you showed that other side to you.

You're refusing to acknowledge that pretty much everyone judges others on how they dress. I'm not saying being judged is a good thing, I get it a lot too, long hair, dreadlocks, beard, glasses, tattoos, piercings, these things get judged. I've been on the receiving end of it, but people get judged on appearance, it's a fact of life.
    Can you honestly say you've never judged anyone ecause of their appearance?
    1)Damn hippies with their internetz access.
    2) heeheehee

No actually I don't ever judge anyone,
    Your no better than me so climb outta your own hole and stop being so stuck up you snob.

o%20rly.jpg

haha why because I defended myself, I showed the other side of me!
    you swear you know me or something!!
    You were the one that started so dont be such a child

well no, because you started acting like a scumbag.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

seanybiker wrote: »
    You seem fairly mature

Jaysus, that turned out to be wrong, didn't it?

OK IF YOU SAY IM A SCUMBAG I MUST BE :):):):)
    W E I R D O S

nah I said you're acting like one..
    maybe you are, maybe not.

but from the way you're going on combined with your love for tracksuits and gold hoop earrings..well...

W E I R D O S

Only God can judge us!

Only God can judge us!

lmao :D

• Advertisement

Only God can judge us!
    YTo quote Sheldon from Big bang theory buzzinga!

Seriously I'm done replying, I've reported the thread as she's just trolling now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement