If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXSR507

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Whats the cheapest (including delivery) you can sell the 507 for. I currently have a philips HTS3270 and am looking for a noticeable upgrade. I'm looking for the cheapest, decent (not amazing) set of speakers you have too.

Its for a JVC 32" TV, LG BD360, Sky Box, Xbox 360.

I was considering a cheaper Sony STRDH500, but it doesnt have HD audio.

I was wondering actually, as i only want HD audio from Blu Ray, Since my BD360 can encode HD audio internally, would the Sony Amp output HD if it was just pass-thru.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Skidmcmarx.

The best price I can offer on the Onkyo 507 would be £229.95 / 269.99 Euro with 13.99 Euro delivery.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?objectid=930&mode=0&productid=897&results=true&keys=507%20&c=1

The Sony 500 will not give produce full HD audio when feed from the Optical out on the Lg BD360.
    In order to get True HD audio to work with an amp that does not decode it, you would need to have multi channel out on the back of the Blu Ray player which unfortunately the BD360 does not have.

May I ask where you have read that the BD360 will encode HD audio internally? I have looked through the online manual and can not see it mentioned.

When connecting the HDMI from your Blu Ray player to the Sony 500 it would only pass the sound through to the TV and not split it at the amp to output it via the speakers connected to the amp.

The Onkyo 507 will give HD Audio via the HDMI to Amp and output it to the speakers.

You could also have a look at the Pioneer VSX819 priced at £229.95 / 269.99 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/asp/product.asp?ObjectID=930&Mode=0&productid=966&Results=true&keys=819

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Any chance you'd be able to go €250 and the delivery €261 all together.

Ah go on :D If you can go to that price i'll order it right now from ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Hey Kenny,

Just got paid there so i'm looking to order the Onkyo 507 today if you'd be willing to let it go for €260 inc delivery. I'll be using it with some older philips speakers for a month or so until i can afford some new ones.

If you coud do me a deal now i'd happily come back when it comes time for the new speakers.

I've got my eye on either the ONKYO SKSHT528 or the Tannoy SFX5.1 for February.

Hope to hear from you soon

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Skidmcmarx.

I really can not go any lower on this product!!! I would have John hunting me down looking for my head :(.

We are already keenly priced on this unit compared to other retailers.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.