Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valentine's Days - its over!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

all the die hard's in the trilogy are awesome. haven't seen 4 yet though.

Don't bother. Very disappointed. Ah, yeah 2 is good, but not as good the other two.

I got early Valentine's present on Tuesday when my Dad came back from NY. Tiffany earrings! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

It aint half bad...definitely more of a romantic feeling in it than there could ever be between the BMF and Bruce Willis:D

I spent today eating yummy food, not caring that i'm single and preparing for all the college work i'll be doing for the next 10 hours:pac:

Personally i dont buy into the Hallmark version of valentines day, but if coupled up people have a good time from it...then who am i to dismiss it in its entirety:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

4 is still good but it's just not nearly as good as the trilogy. For one thing, he doesn't curse. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

4 is still good but it's just not nearly as good as the trilogy. For one thing, he doesn't curse. :rolleyes:

Last thing I seen in the cinema was Die Hard 4 when it came out.

I'm such a loser.

Happy V-day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

4 is still good :

:eek:

4 is absolutely ridiculous, they turned McClane into some sort of superhero or something. There wasn't a scratch on him by the end of the film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Unfortunately, I now have to explain myself.......

It happens with very few things and, usually, totally arbitrary, if not decidedly ridiculous things. But... sometimes I just get slightly obsessed with something so much so that I'll defend it down to the ground on anything and hold it in as high a regard I would my own sister. Die Hard is one of those things. (Incidentally, Peter Petrelli, Batman and Rocky Balboa are some others, but that info is just to provide some context.) So, ridiculous as part 4 may have been, I am under strict instructions from my psychosis er passion(?) to love it regardless!

There may not be any logical sense to it but sometimes I'm senseless!

No I'm the same. Part 4 wasn't the best, but because I'm a HUGE fan of John Mclane's endeavours, I have to love it.

It's like a parent HAS to love it's kids.

well actually it's nothing like that, but Die hard rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

Unfortunately, I now have to explain myself.......

It happens with very few things and, usually, totally arbitrary, if not decidedly ridiculous things. But... sometimes I just get slightly obsessed with something so much so that I'll defend it down to the ground on anything and hold it in as high a regard I would my own sister. Die Hard is one of those things. (Incidentally, Peter Petrelli, Batman and Rocky Balboa are some others, but that info is just to provide some context.) So, ridiculous as part 4 may have been, I am under strict instructions from my psychosis er passion(?) to love it regardless!

There may not be any logical sense to it but sometimes I'm senseless!

No i understand what you mean!!

I think where it all went wrong was the pg13 rating. Speaking as an editor here I would hazard a guess that the film was made first and then re-cut to fit that cert because it was very obvious how they were cutting bruce willis's curses etc from the dialogue.. Anyway no point in trying to convert you so I'll take myself off to the film forum :P

Back on topic Valentines day is nearly over yay!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yay had my big V day dinner, cooked by himself. shtuffed.

http://twitpic.com/139qxt

Strawberries fried in balsamic vinegar and sugar and icecream not pictured cos I ate it before photos could be taken.

But thank feck that's over for another year.

Silverfish wrote: »

Strawberries fried in balsamic vinegar and sugar and icecream not pictured cos I ate it before photos could be taken.

You lucky sod. That looks lovely.

Thank feck indeed though. Although the day annoys me, it's nice to see people having a nice day/night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Silverfish wrote: »

That looks so yummy!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

The trick apparently is frying the steak in chicken stock or something?

I don't know, I can't cook. Well, maybe supernoodles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Over for another year, thank god, and im actaully impressed at the low number of thread on it! Well done people!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement