Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad passing by compensation

Options
  • 20-01-2010 3:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I've passed 3 out of my 4 modules from my first semester and an E in the other module meaning I've 22.5/30 credits for the first semester earned. Can I pass this module by compensation since my GPA is 2.9?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Yup. You need a 2.0 GPA plus 75% of your modules for that stage passed to compensate - all of which you have!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭taz70

Actually, you can only compensate at the end of a stage not at the end of a semester. For undergrads, this usually means at the end of 60 credits (after semsester 2).

Not sure how many credits in your stage, so you need to find that out, and then basically ensure you pass at least 75% of the whole stage. Only then will you know if you have compensated.

Advertisement