Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freedom of Information -Central Bank

Options
  • 20-01-2010 6:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭

Freedom of Information

The Central Bank & Financial Services Authority of Ireland is not a body for the purposes of the Freedom of Information Act, 1997.

Why not?

Here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Why should it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Is it above the law?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

digme wrote: »
    Is it above the law?

they are plenty of organisations not covered by the FOI...it does not make them "above the law"

I'd imagine the excuse will be along the lines of commercial sensitivities or something similar

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

nesf wrote: »
    Why should it be?
    The very fact that our taxes pay it's employees would render it such imho.

Any information of a commercially sensitive nature might have justification for an exclusion for a period of 1 or 2 years but otherwise, I don't see an argument for the exclusion of any state / semi-state organisation from the FOI act.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Sleepy wrote: »
    The very fact that our taxes pay it's employees would render it such imho.

Any information of a commercially sensitive nature might have justification for an exclusion for a period of 1 or 2 years but otherwise, I don't see an argument for the exclusion of any state / semi-state organisation from the FOI act.
    Should be but isn't. What's your point ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Sleepy wrote: »
    The very fact that our taxes pay it's employees would render it such imho...

On such reasoning, you should have access to my medical records.

Advertisement