Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ixtreme LiteTouch Is Out!!

Options
  • 20-01-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

For all those are were awaiting ixtremes upcoming firmware LiteTouch, It has officially been released.

As per Team Jungles Twitter page, you can download the new firmware for all lite-on drives at the moment.

if anyone has tested the new firmware leave comments and let us all know how it goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Going to flash it as soon as the wife leaves for college,Im supposed to be sick at the moment, cough,cough. ;)

Well its flashed and its back on live, no ban yet :D

Have yet to try a game.

All disc images must also be splitvid and SS v2, all my games are splitvid but unfortunately they are all SS v1

Going to take the drive out of another xbox, hook it up to the computer, make an image of an original game(that should give me the SS v2) burn it and try that online

Will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rynaldo

Who's going to be offering this service then and when? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Rynaldo wrote: »

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055478489

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Rynaldo wrote: »

All people offering modding services I would think.

That said, the Liteon 83x v2 and 93x will require a bit of work on the PCB before dumping/flashing so they could cost a slight bit more :)

Also, I'm going to reserve judgement on LT because I don't want to risk another of my consoles just to hear some yank say "Yeah, you're gonna die bitch" again and again while playing the odd game on Live :D

One unmodded for Live! and one hacked to bits with XBR, win :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

think I may aswell update my banned console if I get the finger out..
    can be annoying having to use the activate ISO
    also, has anyone noticed..
    After I got banned, I ALWAYS ran my images through abgx,
    But recently there I ran a few of the burned discs through them and they all seems to fail the stealth and dmi, could be why I got banned, but has anyone else ran there discs through to see what they got?(it takes longer than usual though)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Im not going to bother updating, my xbox has never seen the internet and i dont think that will ever change!

Im on 1.6 at the mo, boot disk doesnt really annoy me too much at all

I can't update my banned box at the minute because it's got a Samsung MS28 in it. When I get around to putting in the nand reader to re-enable the hard drive I'll flash it to LT for Samsung too if it's out - just to save on any of that wave/activate disc malarky.

And with a banned box I don't have to worry about abgx backup verification, Microsoft have done their worst :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

I can't update my banned box at the minute because it's got a Samsung MS28 in it. When I get around to putting in the nand reader to re-enable the hard drive I'll flash it to LT for Samsung too if it's out - just to save on any of that wave/activate disc malarky.

Just use the iXtreme 1.61 NonStealth for Samsung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

docentore wrote: »

Hi docentore, what about a BenQ drive....I have 1.61 on it, but what does the non-stealth part mean?

My drive currently boots wave5 (LFD2), but wont boot COD MW2 without the activate iso disc...could that be a bad image I made, or is it releated to my f/w being stealth/non stealth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi docentore, what about a BenQ drive....I have 1.61 on it, but what does the non-stealth part mean?

My drive currently boots wave5 (LFD2), but wont boot COD MW2 without the activate iso disc...could that be a bad image I made, or is it releated to my f/w being stealth/non stealth?

That means flag for activate is always on, so it might be solution as well. There is Benq, Samsung and LiteOn version of ns fw.

Yep, if LT isn't out for Sammie when I get around to doing the soldering I'll just use the Non-Stealth version of iX :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

That means flag for activate is always on, so it might be solution as well. There is Benq, Samsung and LiteOn version of ns fw.

Sorry for sounding thick :D But does that mean I have Stealth FW installed and need Non Stealth?

The Non-Stealth firmware is modified so that the flag that is usually enabled by only putting the activate.iso disc in is always enabled without putting in the disc. This will allow you play any backup of any wave without those stealth checks and wave checks.

You don't have Non-Stealth iX because you have to put in the activate.iso to play COD MW2 - so grab yourself the non stealth from the usual places and flash away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Rockn

Is LiteTouch supposed to be safe for Live? I've just flashed from 1.51 to 1.61 a couple of weeks ago (was already banned). No point in me putting LiteTouch on is there?

Have been playing Call of duty WAW,and brutal legend for about the past 4 hours. No ban,also checked to see if i was flaged,no flag

All good so far :D

Rockn wrote: »
    Is LiteTouch supposed to be safe for Live? I've just flashed from 1.51 to 1.61 a couple of weeks ago (was already banned). No point in me putting LiteTouch on is there?

Yes, supposed to be safe for Live. iX is stealth-free so it'll play any game, just like a non-stealth iX 1.61. If you're not banned you are best off on LT, if you are then it's your choice
    antor wrote: »
    Have been playing Call of duty WAW,and brutal legend for about the past 4 hours. No ban,also checked to see if i was flaged,no flag

All good so far :D

There is no accurate test to see if you're flagged, you know you're flagged when you feel the banhammer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

so has anyone tested this firmwire yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

RealistSpy wrote: »
    so has anyone tested this firmwire yet?

Have been using this firmware for over a month now and havent got any compliants.

The benq version was just release and is up for anyone who wants to put it on there drive.

I would highly suggest doing so if you are not already flagged. Ixtreme lite-touch may just save you from getting banned but not if you are careless with burning the back ups.

Make sure the run them through abgx.

do you still need a via or nforce chipset? i have intel.

• Advertisement

Ok my motherboards detects it but JF won't. The reason? I noticed my drive is 93450c liteon grrrrh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Quick heads up to everyone.

LT has just been updated to v1.1 for both Lite-on and Benq drives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Anyone point me to a good guide for flashing DVD firmware, pretty sure I have a BenQ of what flavour i dont know til i open it up.

Thanks,

Inq

Go to jungleflasher.net and download the guide in the download section.

Advertisement