Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakfast ?

• 20-01-2010 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭

Im just curious
    Do you eat it ?
    I know a lot of people dont bother but im curious how many gentlemen make sure to eat befrore starting a hard days graft.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Always, unless i'm running late or sleep in or something and don't have time, which is very rare.

I used to be really good and cook up some eggs every morning but got lazy and generally settle for a cereal and a coffee now.

Must start cooking it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Always have breakfast. Midweek it's the one time of the day that I have to myself as everyone else is asleep and that makes it extra special. Porrage, coffee & toast eaten languidly over the course an hour watching the news - alone. Bliss.
    Weekend is a cerialfest shared with the kids.:o

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Have a breakfast every morning. Currently have porridge, orange juice and some fruit as I'm trying to eat better.

Sometimes on a weekend I'll have a fry-up.

I also found that the few months where I wasn't eating breakfast, I was eating a lot of snack food during the day.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,414 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Porridge and a glass of milk or orange juice on weekdays.

Scrambled eggs/Omelette/Pancakes on weekends.

I had been eating Bran Flakes every morning since I was about 5, which all my friends thought was odd. Bunch of Frosties-loving freaks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i eat porradge every morning fils you fo the day and it tastes good, i will admit i micro wave it because im a lazy fook followed bye a cup of coffee and a cigerate :D...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Very rarely eat breakfast. Only time would be if I've been up all night and my dad is dropping my sisters to school I'll pick up a breakfast roll.

Yip, two weetabix, juice, coffee and banana. Will be moving to porridge as soon as I figure out how to make it

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

i eat porradge every morning fils you fo the day and it tastes good, i will admit i micro wave it because im a lazy fook followed bye a cup of coffee and a cigerate :D...
    Have the microwave porridge myself:)
    Yip, two weetabix, juice, coffee and banana. Will be moving to porridge as soon as I figure out how to make it
    You can buy porridge that you just add milk to and microwave.;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

I guarantee you I can get that wrong

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I've 2 breakfasts. Bowl of cereal and tea before I leave the house, then about half an hour into work go for an egg, sausage roll and a tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Most of the time, nope. I'll nearly always have a coffee though. Sometimes I get around to a bowl of rice crispies, sometimes I'll go for something more substancial with a friend. If I'm suffering from a hangover, I'll try grab something though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Nothing before I leave the house, But I have a scone (or two) with a cup of tea when I get into work. I'll have a one fry every weekend.

About to tuck into my secondf scone. mmmmmmmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Absolutely need breakfast, no way I could get into the car without an espresso and a couple of cigarettes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,195 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Can't do without brekkie! Have porridge and orange juice (not together) most mornings. On Saturdays, I get up a bit late, bring the kids to music and have a fry-up in the Green centre. It's the only day I have bacon and eggs, honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Rarely, I just wait for lunch. Somehow I'm just not hungry in the mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Yeah, I have 4 weetabix every morning. If I don't eat, I will be starving within an hour or two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Normally Cornflakes and toast or Cornflakes and a protein shake.
    Sometimes I have it in work and it's cornflakes and a couple of sausages.

Obviously porridge is a lot better than cornflakes but I'd fall asleep eating the stuff it's so boring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

9 times outta 10 I have breakfast unless Im running very late or severly hung over.Its usually cereal or tea and toast.The odd Sunday I have a full Irish.
    I really couldnt function without something proper in the morning and would be like a feckin wasp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

I guarantee you I can get that wrong

Mate of mine exploded a bowl of porridge in my microwave one morning, dunno how the hell he did it. Fuckin stuff sets like concrete once it cools.

3 minutes & you have a bowl full of steamy oatey goodness. Great for keepin ye regular too. Used to eat porridge in the morns but I've gotten lazy now.

• Advertisement

nedtheshed wrote: »
    I really couldnt function without something proper in the morning and would be like a feckin wasp.

Yep. Nobody needs for me to miss my breakfast. :o

I tend to have porridge, with some berries and flax seed mix.
    Or toast with almond butter and jam.
    Or this weather, a nice hearty pan of boxty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

All the time, oatmeal or some shredded wheat to keep off the elevensies and keep me going for a while. :)

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Yep. Nobody needs for me to miss my breakfast. :o

I tend to have porridge, with some berries and flax seed mix.
    Or toast with almond butter and jam.
    Or this weather, a nice hearty pan of boxty.

What is this, 'boxty'?

Smart Bug wrote: »
    What is this, 'boxty'?

Was just about to ask the same thing

Smart Bug wrote: »
    What is this, 'boxty'?

boxty3.jpg

Crispy potato pancakes,that you smother in real butter. That your Mamie used to make for you. On cold winters mornings when your belly needed warming.

boxty3.jpg

Crispy potato pancakes,that you smother in real butter. That your Mamie used to make for you. On cold winters mornings when your belly needed warming.

My mamie never made them for me.......I feel cheated :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

boxty3.jpg

Oh they look so yummy! I want!

I tend to skip breakfast because I never have time :-/
    When I do though it's either brown toast & jam or cereal & tea of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Has any one tried goja berrys on there porradge this is a dried rasin/berry type fruit, from china, its supposed to be exceptionaly good for men first thing in the morning for more then one reason ther e from china froma rjion that are known for people being very healthy, and living well into the 100s.

Apprently they increase blood flow in certain areas along with bringing more tesosterone and of course being high in tcertain vitimins thaat are very good for men, there kinda like a super blue berry...

Also for men andother good thing for are systems in nettle tea it keeps are kidneys in cheack and helps improove certain ares of are system...

boxty3.jpg

I was obviously underprivileged as a chizzler then, my Mammy gave me cod liver oil to warm me belly.

bleurgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. In my first semester of college I rarely did as it meant that I'd get an extra 10 mins of sleep but I was always starving when it came to 12 and may not have finished lectures til 2 and I couldn't concentrate.

I now wake up 10 mins earlier, have a shower and then have a bowl of cereal, a glass of orange juice and a cup of coffee. I can now concentrate that bit better now that I've eaten something first thing in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

i dont have breakfast and if i skip lunch i really feel it. Concentration is messed up totally and by 4 o clock i am in a foul mood.

so i should have breakfast and am old enough to know better but dont

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Lived 5 mins from the office and it had a staffed canteen so normally just got up went to work and had breakfast there.

Moved now to a new location so up early leave the house 30 min drive to work for a bowl of weetabix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Gotta agree with Moonbaby on the boxty.It seems to be a midlands thing.My aunt makes the best Ive ever had.Boxty and a couple of fried eggs,yummerama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I always though boxty was a nordy/western thing tbh. Haven't had it for years though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Eat it whenever I can but I'm rarely awake long enough to have a large breakfast. It's mostly just a bowl of some wheaty cereal which doesn't really stop me from eating junk food around midday.

Always find it really hard to eat anything without a good night sleep. Makes me feel sick. Could never eat rashers in the morning either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

I all ways have breakfast may be even two one at home and one in work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 phillipo

I always have breakfast without fail. Went through a rasher sandwich and tea phase, then porridge with honey/almonds/cinnamon(divine) followed by a bowl of weetabix crispy fruit and nut (my healthy stage) and now i have a sausage sandwich and tea or just a bowl of weetabix if I'm in a hurry. ****in love breakfast, its not a process to be rushed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I always have breakfast. I simply don't function without it. If I have slept in, I'll throw on some toast while I'm getting changed so I know I have some food in me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Cows Go µ wrote: »
    I always have breakfast. I simply don't function without it. If I have slept in, I'll throw on some toast while I'm getting changed so I know I have some food in me

I had brown bread and a banana this morning first time I had breakfast in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

porridge 1st thing in the morn,then a boiled egg and brown bread with real butter!! then a cigarette with the tea,then work!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Don't understand how anybody can prefer breakfast instead of an extra 10 or 15 minutes in bed, I'm now never hungry befor 10:30/11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'll usually just have a probio yoghurt before I leave the house because I never have an appetite first thing. I'll grap a cup of tea and a few slices of brown bread with jam round 11 at work, just when I'm getting hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Everett

Egg whites with peppermint tea....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭crushproof

Always baffled me how people can go without breakfast!!
    I'm wrecked if I leave the house without breakfast, which is very rare,end up just buying bars of chocolate if I do or a big dirty heartattack roll.
    Corn Flakes and OJ is my staple breakfast diet, hasn't changed in years. Porridge and honey on some cold winter mornings or tea and toast on those awful mornings when you wake up to find feck all milk in the carton!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I always feel sick in the morning but I always force myself to eat something because I know that most days when I get into college I won't have a break until 2 or so and if I don't eat anything I just get the most ridiculous hunger pains ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. If I skip it, the desire to eat rubbish and processed carbs in the afternoon/evening increases.

Usually homemade granola: oats, seeds, crushed walnuts, dried fruit. Topped with natural yogurt, and some mixed berries. Glass of orange juice. A mug of tea.

Weekends is sometimes scrambled eggs with smoked salmon. Or fresh kippers with brown bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

can't survive without it...need something more than coffee to get going....just something light- cereal, toast thoughout the week...maybe a bit of a fry on the weekend but definately need something to keep energy levels up...can't understand people who don't need breakfast........what do they survive on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

If I'm heading into the office or know I'm facing a long day it's generally a rushed affair as I leave it 'til the last minute to get out of bed. Ideally I'll have a bowl of Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes and a slice or two of toast. Sometimes it's just the cereal though.

If I'm working from home or it's the weekend, then it's more leisurely cereal with a few banana chips and a few porridge oats and a cup of tea.

If I'm away with work, if I can I'll always try to stay in a hotel where there is a buffet for breakfast and I always find some combination of cereal works along with some nice fruit - melon and pineapple usually - and a cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

A bowl of muesli and a shot glass of apple juice is all I need to get me going in the morning. Rarely anything else, and never anything fried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I wouldn't start my day without a breakkie in me.

This morning was two coffee, three poached eggs with wholemeal toast followed by five weetabix with whole milk :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement