Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N72 Mallow to Fermoy / N73 Mallow to Mitchelstown

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

some repairs or resurfacing only ...to quite a good standard as contractors are involved but still the same old road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

What I don't get is why the Mallow - Fermoy section is so bad.

West of Mallow and East of Fermoy aren't near as bad. In fact, West of Mallow for about 20 miles is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭veryangryman

West of Mallow and East of Fermoy aren't near as bad. In fact, West of Mallow for about 20 miles is quite good.

I guess that its because there are 3 pretty large towns in Kerry which are linked to Mallow that way.

But rrgardless, route numbering/renumbering has little to do with the sections of road themselves.

The only secondaries that have any chance of being looked at (traffic count to justify it based on my experience) are the N52 and N80. I say that and am welcoming anyone to shoot me down. :D

its my belief its because this section would be improved upon the coming of the M20 and its associated works and the work charged to that account rather than the general road improvement account. Its the same with improving the road at Ballybeg, once the M20 was built this would become unnecessary...same applies to the Mallow N72 bypass, if they put it on the long finger long enough, the M20 would render it unnecessary.

Now the M20 has been side-lined , these projects ned doing with top priority before more people die.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

corktina wrote: »
    some repairs or resurfacing only ...to quite a good standard as contractors are involved but still the same old road.
    ya very good standard in fairness but as i said there are still dangerous sections including that narrow bridge on mallow side of killdorrey

• Advertisement

not to mention the section near Shanballymore thats collapsing intoi the field and has been for years!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/calls-for-road-safety-upgrade-after-crash-433854.html

Been a disasterous weekend on the N72 with 4 deaths. The N72 from Fermoy to Mallow really is appalling and is in a worse condition than many regional roads. The N73 isn't much better.

Advertisement