Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skilled Migration Visa

Options
  • 20-01-2010 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Im at the final stages of my visa application, Iv done my medical and its been sent to my case officer and my police certs have gone too but Im not sure what exactly happens from here. Can anyone tell me whats next and roughly how long it takes after this as Im trying to plan when roughly I can head back.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'd suggest you post on the britishexpats forum as there are loads of people on there who have been through the same process and will be able to give you an idea of the timeframes involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

mousetrap wrote: »
    Hi,

Im at the final stages of my visa application, Iv done my medical and its been sent to my case officer and my police certs have gone too but Im not sure what exactly happens from here. Can anyone tell me whats next and roughly how long it takes after this as Im trying to plan when roughly I can head back.

Thanks

You are at the end now.

1 they send you a letter saying you have been accepted

2 You send this letter with your passports to the Aus embassy in london i think.

3: They send it back with golden ticket stamp like your WHV

4: Go to Australia

I would not plan a thing till 1 arrives in out case that stage took about 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

mousetrap wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

well done your there. enjoy.
    Up to 3 months after meds etc but usually can be a few weeks. Check your initial entry date when you get you grant and just make sure you have at least validated by then (usually a year from the date you did med/police checks).
    Also check your "must not enter by date".

one thing I would recommend is to see when your passport expires - if its in the next few years - five years I would recommend getting it renewed before sending it of for the visa label.

Advertisement