Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Special Olympics Ireland Games

Options
  • 20-01-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

The 2010 Special Olympics Ireland Games will take place in Limerick form the 9th – 13th June.

Special Olympics Ireland needs to recruit 3,500 volunteers to help run these Games. Volunteering at the Games promises to very rewarding and lots of fun! To hear how you can get involved in this exciting event, please come along to our forthcoming volunteer information sessions which will take place on the following dates:

Monday, February 1st7pm, The Strand Hotel, Limerick
    Saturday, February 6th – 10.30am - Jean Monnet theatre, University of Limerick

Saturday, February 13th – 10.30am The Strand Hotel, Limerick

Monday, February 15th7pm, The Strand Hotel, Limerick
    Wednesday, February 17th7pm, Castletroy Park Hotel, Limerick

Saturday, February 20th10.30am & 1pm, Jean Monnet theatre, University of Limerick

All are more than welcome to attend! Further details are also available on www.specialolympics.ie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went to the planning meeting on Monday in the Strand Hotel and ever since I have been mega excited about the Special Olympics coming to Limerick!
    In my ignorance I didnt realise just how big these games are going to be and how many athletes are going to be descending on our fair city.

Just wondering If you have set up a facebook page yet and If so can you put up the link so I can send it on to friends and family?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 memc

http://www.facebook.com/SpecialOlympicsIreland?v=photos&ref=ts#/SpecialOlympicsIreland?v=wall&ref=ts
    Please become a fan and ask all your friends too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Extra dates added for recruitment sessions for the Games. 7th March in Thomond Park and 9th March in the South Court Hotel. Both sessions start at 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ULSU has provided office space for a full-time volunteer co-ordinator. For anyone interewsted in volunteering Peter is contactable at Peter.Shone@ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Stan the man

memc wrote: »
    http://www.facebook.com/SpecialOlympicsIreland?v=photos&ref=ts#/SpecialOlympicsIreland?v=wall&ref=ts
    Please become a fan and ask all your friends too :D

I just sent you a PM. :eek:

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

georgem25 wrote: »
    Extra dates added for recruitment sessions for the Games. 7th March in Thomond Park and 9th March in the South Court Hotel. Both sessions start at 7pm

Bump - the next info night is tomorrow

Advertisement