Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Exhibition at Tallaght Library

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if people want me to sort out stuff for them need to really start sorting it next week if thats the date of the show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

So have we come to a consensus. Conform to a standard? Or get down with the individual stylee... ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Some people already have Mounts & Frames, so cannot see the point of them incurring extra expense.

I will be getting a frame from Steve to match those he is going to supply.

We need to get things moving, so those that want to get the package from Steve then they should be doing so now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

trooney wrote: »
    So have we come to a consensus. Conform to a standard? Or get down with the individual stylee... ?

I think we should start a list of those who are willing to contribute and deceide from the prints what would look best.

Edit: I've been trying to get the images online of those who have said yes to partaking in the exhibition, so that I can make a sample of backgrounds as to that would look best (ie black back or white background.) I've marked off those who's images I've been able to get online. Those who have not go easy to find images could you please either post links to low res (500 on the longest side). To help. Cheers

1- Buzzlightyear
    2- Trooney
    3- CabanSail
    4- SineadW
    5- Covey
    6- PullandBang
    7- PositiveNote
    8- Bernard0368
    9- Gandalf
    10- Kensultz
    11- Dakar
    12- SwingKing - Are you in the book ?
    13- Cambo_gueno
    14- Moralproduction
    15- Morrisseeee
    16- Kjt
    17- Artyeva
    18- Superflyingninja
    19- Humberklog
    20- AnCatDubh
    21- Thonda
    22- Xia
    23-
    24-

Getting close to CabanSails number of 24. CabanSail is that the maximum number which we can have ?

Now we need to arrange the prints for showing here !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

So I'm #24 then? :) Mine is printed by Steve already. Now needs mount and frame. Call me lazy or whatever but I'll go for Steve for that as well.

Steve, would next Saturday be ok or too late? Won't make it during the week...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Just got mine mounted on a 20 x 16" white mount (thanks Buzzlightyear) - are we going for a frame/glass too or just mounted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Sorry, count me out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

guys im up for this. just let me know what i need to do to get it printed and framed? pm or reply to this post and i'll check back in the morning, but as i say im up for it just ley me know where or who i should contact with regard to printing and framing.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Probably need to have this sorted today, in order to enable those who need to orgainse their print, mount and frame to get sorted this week.

So we need either a clear specification of print size/framing or agreed that there is no specification and it is a free for all (maybe i'll get a chance to put that A1 frame which I referred to elsewhere and still haven't filled into action ;)).

Someone mentioned plain black ikea frames. Last I saw them, they looked good and were very reasonable tho someone did query their durability in the longer term.

Anyhow, specification of what is required please.

• Advertisement

OK I'm trying to get a handle on this so that we can look as professional as possible for a public display. I have done a sample graphic of the entries so far (in no particular order) as to how they might look on 20x16 white mounting boards. The images are displayed as if they are A3, however I realise that not all images shall be at a high enough resolution to achieve this. This shall be particularly so if the image has been tightly cropped. A4 is more than suitable in this mount and shall look very well. It is important that at least one part of the display be uniform, and I would suggest the mounting board.

For those of you not able to get their hands on these mounting boards, I'm sure Steve, stcstc shall be able to assist in this manner. Alternatively some of us who are associated with clubs may be able to assist.

We can decide when we know more as to how these are going to be framed or hung.

If anybody has any other ideas please get them going fast as this needs to be organised.

7BA4652AB3BE46A89942314C82A3F6CE-500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

hi,can someone look after the printing and framing of mine,will transfer the cash for print frame etc by paypal,im easy as to the frame mounts,but i would lean towards the uniform colour design

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

+1 on Moralproduction's query

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Those who have already Printed, Mounted & Framed then we can use those.

Those that haven't I would suggest we get a list of thos who want to place an order with stcstc. This will have to be in the next couple of days so he can give a price & get things going.

Steve - Can you get me a 16x20 frame for mine please?

Cabansail / stcstc,

Any ideas on frames.

Cabansail, do you know what we'll be hanging them from or will it be like the annual exhib in Pearse st. library for DCC ?

ok

i can do a couple of options

could do plain white or black frame

and black or white mount

a one off price, for print, mount and frame would be 44 euros plus vat

but if we can get a decent number of orders i should be able to bring this down a bit

in terms of payment i can do paypal, or if people want to drop into me, can do good old cash etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

STSC - you can count on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

+1 on Moralproduction's query

plus 2.
    ive not mounted anything before and dont have any idea on price. can anyone advise please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

stcstc wrote: »
    ok

i can do a couple of options

could do plain white or black frame

and black or white mount

a one off price, for print, mount and frame would be 44 euros plus vat

but if we can get a decent number of orders i should be able to bring this down a bit

in terms of payment i can do paypal, or if people want to drop into me, can do good old cash etc
    sounds good ot me. what size print we talking ? the resolution is 2736 x 3648

sounds good ot me. what size print we talking ? the resolution is 2736 x 3648

This might be hand for all. Its a screen grab from the nikonians.org website

4301217715_7ae292b3a2_o.jpg

For a handy reference A4 is 8x12 and A3 is 12x16.

that size will be fine to do around 15*10 or so,

maybe we should start a list, and add who needs what etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ok - may i please order mine to be printed and mounted and framed by steve?

i'm ok to go with the white mount and black frame, and 20x16, assuming that you'd be using the original file i submitted, which was 2880x3840 pixels, and that size is ok.

[steve - i'm looking to get a few bits printed out and framed in the near future for my walls so treat this as your trial run ;) :P]

Cabansail, do you know what we'll be hanging them from or will it be like the annual exhib in Pearse st. library for DCC ?

The Boards are the Material Covered rectangular boards on stands, like this.

IMG_1547.jpg

We will have to work out a method to hang them

CabanSail wrote: »

String? Just like your photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi,
    id like steve to also print, mount and frame mine also if thats possible. white mounting with black frrame if thats what every one else is getting done. If you just let me know where to send the money i can get it to you through paypal if neccessary. Will we have to send the file again or can steve print from the one already sent?
    thanks

For the DCC annual exhibition we had a similar issue. We got around this by sticking velcro srtips to the rear of the mounts. This then stuck to the material on the stands.

I think framing the images will be a mistake. The weight of the frame along with the weight of the print will be fairly heavy, especially if there is glass within the frame.

I think we'd be better off forgetting the frame, and velcro'ing the mounts straight to the stand.

Just MHO ;)

We could do that if people were happy with it. A lot simpler & cheaper.

Been searching the web for something to hold frames onto the stands. There's feck all out there that I could see which didn't involve screws. However I did find these
    med-story1.jpg

They are over on this site, and could be worth a phone call or email. :D

Or has anybody got a better idea ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hmmmm not sure it's man enough to hang this Buzz.

E94682B949E14C62B48FEA94D3DFC6DA-500.jpg

I would like to see them framed. But looking at those stands...Frames are definitely heavier than canvas, at least with glas.
    CabanSail do you have an idea where those strings in your pic were fixed? Would that be strong enough for frames?
    Well done Buzz for searching! Unfortunately I have no idea for alternatives...Other than putting nails on the back of those boards if that's allowed.

:eek: Can I please apply for my pic being hung as far away as possible from humberklogs...if he insists on that frame!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Been searching the web for something to hold frames onto the stands. There's feck all out there that I could see which didn't involve screws. However I did find these
    med-story1.jpg

They are over on this site, and could be worth a phone call or email. :D

Or has anybody got a better idea ?

You can get similar in Woodies or B & Q

i have used boards like this for a couple of exhibitions now

we have hung the images in two different ways

1. there is a hook that will go on the top of the board and you just use fishing line instead of string.

2. if you use fishing line and connect 2 pictures together over the top of the board, ie the wheight of one on one side hold the other on the other side

there are plenty of ways, just need to be inventive

i am adversed to sticking velcro to the back of mounts etc as it tend not to come off etc and means its to give it to someone who may purchase as it has sticky velcro on the back

There is a channel along the top of the board which will take a hook.

Maybe we could ask AncatDubh to drop in and talk to the Library people to find out what they normally use. He is on good terms with them I hear.

IMG_1547.jpg

What I have been told is that we have 12 single Boards. In the photo above the large square boards are actually two, one above the other. The Vertical Boards are the Singles. The configuration that will work for us would be Single Boards which are horizontal, like just the top half of the Doubles above.

I think that the clips that are on top of the Boards belong to the Library.

We would fit two Photo's per Board per side & have the Boards positioned so both sides can be accessed. This would require 3 clips per Board (36 Clips) We would need some strong Fishing Line to hang the photo's.

Personally I think that Framed Photo's look much better than naked prints.

I hope we can hang the Exhibition on the Sunday Afternoon (14th Feb) but we will have to check.

We would need some strong Fishing Line to hang the photo's.

I have loads of strong fishing line you can use.

Personally I think that Framed Photo's look much better than naked prints.

Ditto......

ok

now we have a date

lets start a list of who needs what, as i need to order mouldings etc

we need by friday how many people need what etc

maybe we should start a list here, and people just add to it?

I have a Mounted Print - Need a Frame.

Cabinsail - Frame only
    AnCatDubh - print, mount frame
    cambo_gueno - print, mount frame?
    superflyninja - print mount frame?
    xia - mount and frame
    positivenote print, mount frame?
    moralproduction - print mount frame?
    bernard0368 - print mount frame?
    ThOnda - print, mount frame
    superflyninja print mount frame?
    artyeva - print mount frame

if people pm me, we can arrange to get images from people and will give my paypal details for payment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Me - print and mount frame too Steve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Me too , print mount and frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

How much are frames steve?

The laws of economics dictate I stick with me ikea jobbie...

sinead not certain yet as i am trying to wait and see how many orders we get to see if i can bring the price down a bit

but full pris is 25 + vat, reckon i should be able to get it to less than 20 depending on number

Steve, stick me down for a frame if you don't mind ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

Just a quick note,

I was involved in the hanging of over 100 framed prints in Tallaght Library for the Tallaght Photo Society International Salon, and the best way to hang the frames is to tie 2 together and hang them over the boards,one each side, like a saddle.
    You need fairly good string, but if I recall correctly, I got 2 rolls in B&Q for €15, which should be fine.

It's the best way, and believe me, we tried everything,

Obviously, if you are only hanging mounts and not frames, velcro may be the way to go...but I'm not sure if it would stick too well to the boards?

Fishing line, no mattter what strength, will break if some kids decide to give it a pull ... believe me ... I know:D

Phil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Sure stick me down for a frame too so Steve.

cool sinead your on the list

pippatee wrote: »
    Fishing line, no mattter what strength, will break if some kids decide to give it a pull ... believe me ... I know:D

Chances of breaking 50lb fishing line by hand are somewhere between none and zero.

Steve put me down for a frame too - I already PM'd you.

stcstc wrote: »
    sinead not certain yet as i am trying to wait and see how many orders we get to see if i can bring the price down a bit

but full pris is 25 + vat, reckon i should be able to get it to less than 20 depending on number

Steve, sorry, did I miss something. I was under the impression the cost was about 44? Are you saying its down to 25, possibly less? If this is the case I can stretch to this and you can put me on your list.

sorry the price of 44 is for print mount and frame

25 is frame only

all plus VAT

• Advertisement
Advertisement