Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Exhibition at Tallaght Library

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Steve, put me down for print mount and frame.
    I was getting a little worried as my computer is banjaxed and I had to try go through my backups in work but I am sure I have found it. Now how do I get the image and pay pal you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Print, mount, frame for me too please (already PM'd you steve, pic on the way)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Anyone heading out to Steve with their stuff? Fancy bringing mine? I'd struggle to get to Dun Laoghaire this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Would I be right in saying our frames/mount need to be 20x16 or did I just pluck that number out of thin air?

I have mine already printed and mounted so shall be on the lookout for a frame in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

kjt wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying our frames/mount need to be 20x16 or did I just pluck that number out of thin air?

Well... not quite. The question was asked a number of times and a concensus wasn't decided on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Well mine's 16x20, so if that's not the mount size I'll either use my own frame or have to pull out..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

Sinead, thought u wanted me to do a frame for you

the frames I have specced are 20*16

I think anything larger will cause problems with space on the display boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

No Steve that's perfect. Any other size and I would have had to get a mount cut too, and possibly a reprint. 16x20 is fine though :)

When do we collect? What's happening with all that?

ok the list so far is

Cabinsail
    AnCatDubh
    cambo_gueno
    superflyninja
    xia
    positivenote
    moralproduction
    bernard0368
    ThOnda
    KenSutz
    Covey
    Buzz lightyear
    sineadw
    pullandbang
    morrisseeee

some of these are for just frames, and one for just frame and mount

i have got the prices down a little based on the numbers

for print frame and mount it will be 40 + VAT
    for frame only it will be 21 + VAT

i hope theese prices help

I have tried to bring them down as far as i can

i do need to order materials either thursday or friday so anyone else who needs stuff let me know

OBTW
    the prices are for :

matt black simple 20*16 frame
    mount
    print up to 16*12 on pearl

i plan on doing all the mounts offwhite, unless anyone tells me they want black instead

if people can pm me etc i will forward both where to send the files etc and also my paypal address to send the wonga

hope this is helpful

i also plan to put D rings on the back so whoever is hanging them can do as philip suggested and saddle two frames over the board

as far as collection etc

either if people want to come out to my office in dun laoghaire or even maybe arrange someone to collect them all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Steve, are you there on Saturday? Then I would bring my print in?

And as for collection I don't mind collecting all or the one that people can't collect if that helps as you're basically around the corner for me and I have a car...Just that I can't manage to do it during the week.

• Advertisement

i am not around saturday morning, might be able to arrange to be around later on saturday though

maybe give me a ring on friday and can sort out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

trooney wrote: »
    Well... not quite. The question was asked a number of times and a concensus wasn't decided on.

I hope nobody minds, but I've been trying to co-ordinate this in so far as possible, for a professional look, based on what I have found to work from various exhibitions. The 20x16 mount in white can look very well on the majority of prints.

For the couple of monochrome images which their owners might think look a bit washed within this mount, may I suggest an inner window using a black mount with the white outer mount. This can act as an offset to bring out the image from the frame.

stcstc wrote: »
    the prices are for :

matt black simple 20*16 frame
    mount
    print up to 16*12 on pearl

i plan on doing all the mounts offwhite, unless anyone tells me they want black instead

Cheers Steve the gallery of displayed images should look very well with this setup. Thank you for looking after this for us.
    pippatee wrote: »
    I was involved in the hanging of over 100 framed prints in Tallaght Library for the Tallaght Photo Society International Salon, and the best way to hang the frames is to tie 2 together and hang them over the boards,one each side, like a saddle ....... It's the best way, and believe me, we tried everything,

Fishing line, no mattter what strength, will break if some kids decide to give it a pull ... believe me ... I know:D

Cheers Phil. It's nice to have a bit of insider knowledge with experience of the Library. As for the fishing line, this might give Pulland Bang a run for his money :D
    I'm sorry to have missed the salon, but it clashed with other events at the time, but from what I heard it was a great success. Maybe next year ;)

Just a thought are we going to do anything to advertise this?

The ST has a section in their Culture supplement which lists exhibitions around the country. Can't see why we can't get it listed there or numerous other places. If we don't pimp ourselves nobody is going to do it for us, kinda thing... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Just a thought are we going to do anything to advertise this?

We could ask for a site wide announcement.

Also, someone could produce a graphic for inclusion on our sigs (email, boards posting, etc..)

I was wondering earlier what it would be called???? The Boards Photography Forum Photographic Exhibition????

I don't know has boards inc had any display-banner-stand kinda thing that could be left beside it to give the association.

How about picture titles / photographer name plates below each print with web sites referenced etc.

hmnn.....lots to consider.

can people start sending me images etc

they can email steve@360-dpi.com if they are less than 10Mb

at the moment i have 2

and i want to get materials ordered tomorrow etc

when you email me, con you add, your mobile numbe, your boards name and proper name

just so if there are any problems etc i can contact you

in terms of payments, if people are sending using paypal, can they please let me know etc so i know who has sent money for what etc

s

stcstc wrote: »
    can people start sending me images etc

I'm going to send mine by courier on Monday to be with you Tuesday. It's already mounted so just needs to be framed. Hope An Post don't bend it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Am I too late to put my image forward for this???

If so I'll go with standard framing, mouting, printing option from Steve??

sorry trying to catch up on all of the thead...

ike as fars as i am aware your not too late

send me a pm, and we can sort out u getting me the image etc and will give you payment details

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

What size are the actual prints to be, largest dimensions please.

16*12

or if its an un cropped image make it 15*10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

just wondering if you got mine steve, e-mailed it earlier

nope havent seen it

only ones i have at mo are:
    cambo
    bernard
    ike

i'll sort mine this morning steve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Mine will be with you this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

PM sent ;)

done. should be in your inbox steve. thanks.

ya got it tommy

s

eek!!! :eek:

just sent it again steve, fingers crossed.

if your still having probs send it to my gmail.

stcstc31@gmail.com

• Advertisement

sent to your g-mail.

anything?!

yay it worked!!!! thank fook for that!

hey everyone

at present i still only have 3 or 4 images

I am nervous of ordering lots of materials without havent everyones commitment

can people sort out what they need me to do etc so i can get materials etc ordered

Is this starting to nose dive. It would be a shame if we lost this opertunity. if we cant get enough contributors from the book maybe we should open it up to other members, even use it as a Haiti fundraiser with the images going for sale and the profits been contributed to a charity.

I have everything good to go at home so am sorted!

When are we bringing these up to the library?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I shall process and send the picture tonight.

So, not a people hanging in case anyone was getting excited for a photo op :/ but a photo hanging is looming, and, darn soon (14th of Feb if i've interpreted Cabansail's last post)

To be fair to Steve, this won't happen for people if you don't get your act together fairly soon, but obviously you may have your own print sorted in the meantime which is absolutely fine.

Can everyone post to let us know what the story is with your print/frame. Its fine if you are already sorted but it will be reassuring to know that. So post either;

"Print, mount and frame sorted and ready to hang"

or

"I'm definitely going to have a print submitted to hang but I need to get something to Steve (eh... and will do it like yesterday)"

or

"Sorry, I can't take part this time"

From Buzz's last post here was the list. Post if you've been missed here or if you've pulled out and i've missed your post. i'll keep this list updated with the status as we see it and i'll pm everyone incase they don't see this post.

1- Buzzlightyear Print ready to go. To get to Steve for Framing
    2- Trooney Already Sorted and Ready to Go
    3- CabanSail Framing to be gotten off Steve, Insert himself (well probably wouldn't fit himself in the frame but..... but....) ;)
    4- SineadW
    5- Covey (Print With Steve)
    6- PullandBang (Print With Steve)
    7- PositiveNote Not This Time Around, Maybe Next Time
    8- Bernard0368 (Print With Steve)
    9- Gandalf
    10- Kensultz
    11- Dakar
    12- SwingKing - Are you in the book ?
    13- Cambo_gueno (Print With Steve)
    14- Moralproduction (Print With Steve)
    15- Morrisseeee (Print With Steve)
    16- Kjt Already Sorted and Ready to Go
    17- Artyeva (Print With Steve)
    18- Superflyingninja
    19- Humberklog - Already Sorted and Ready to Go
    20- AnCatDubh (Print With Steve)
    21- Thonda (Print With Steve)
    22- Xia (Print With Steve)
    23- ike (Print With Steve)
    24-

Before posting further questions please check the entire thread as most questions should be answered. The purpose on thread at this point is to make sure we have prints ready to hang.

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I've sent the file to Steve tonight at 02:08 and will try to clear my schedule to be available for hanging the exhibition, but cannot promise it so far.

I have sent my print to steve for the works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have been under the impression that the Library was open on weekends. It's only open on Saturdays, and closed on Sundays.

So..... it looks like it will be Monday 15th Feburary to do the Lynching Hanging

I work just across the road from Tallaght Library & so can be there a bit after 5pm. I know some one else who is involved who is even closer (but to be discreet I will not mention AnCatDubh by name) This will be my last week at work, as I have resigned my job & finish up on the Friday.

The Library closes at 8pm. If we could have a few people there at, say, 6pm with the Prints. We could then all hang them, then go & have a drink to celebrate.

Maybe someone could arrange to collect all the stuff from Steve & bring it along. Otherwise it will be up to the individuals themselves to arrange to have their Photo's there, with means to hang them on the rear of the frame.

I'll bring the print to Steve later today (I know, it's Sunday).

And noted the 14th for Library.

• Advertisement

Reading CabanSails post:
    I won't make it on the Monday - work til 5.30 (at least) in town - unless I take the Luas and someone gives me a lift direction Dun Laoghaire, don't fancy taking the 75 tbh.
    I offered to pick up all prints from Steve, I would still try if Steve is around when I can manage to get to him but then there's the problem with bringing them to Tallaght.
    CabanSail, would it be possible to check if we could hang the pictures on the Saturday? Had something else planned for that day (but would change that) but I suppose most people would have more time during a weekend..

I could be there on the 15th. Its on the way home. I work in Bray so if Steve was around I could probably meet him somewhere along the way to collect the prints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

my print is with Steve

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm all coolabula on all fronts. Good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I added my name to the list last week, print is with Steve being mounted, framed etc...

"Print, mount and frame sorted and ready to hang" :)

humberklog wrote: »
    I'm all coolabula on all fronts. Good to go.
    kjt wrote: »
    "Print, mount and frame sorted and ready to hang" :)

Me too

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

i just transferred cash and mailed my image to steve

I'm sending my mounted print to Steve tomorrow by gurrier. All I need is the frame. I'll pay him via paypal or something.

• Advertisement

file sent to steve for printing and framing :)

i *might* be up in the big shmoke that monday [the 15th] and if so could hang around and head out to help with hanging, will need to confirm this nearer the date though.

Advertisement