Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Exhibition at Tallaght Library

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Thanks Sinister.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Any chance of a refresh post on what's happening here?

So is it ok to have your pic in a proper frame or is it just a board frame?

Where and when do we drop the pics off and hang? Is that all happening on the 15th too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

Can people who haven't paid for prints frames etc please do it soon before they are collected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I believe that I have paid. If not, please, kick me in the head.

yep you have thonda

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Can we kick him in the head anyway? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

Was there mention of drinkies on Monday evening/night?..... anywhere safe around there? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

captain americas beside. Or is there a bar in the glasshaus? Looks like a nice hotel..

ok i still have 6 to be collected

two people have been in contact about theirs,

can people let me know about the others

s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Thanks a mill, Sinister! I take it from Steves post you collected them already.

Now I only have to leave work on Monday on time at 5.30, get the luas and see if anything to do is left for me and otherwise enjoy a pint ot two. :D

(No, I'm not lazy!! - just feels like)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I popped over to Steve this evening and picked up framed prints belonging to :

moralproduction
    ike
    kensultz
    Thonda

I'll be along on monday, so I'll bring these along with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thanks - Steve, I haven't forgotten about you. Things have been bloody hectic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

so um what is the story with the exhibition? when are the prints being dropped there etc? i may not be able to get there to hang mine so i may have to drop over when i can to pick it up!

so um what is the story with the exhibition? when are the prints being dropped there etc? i may not be able to get there to hang mine so i may have to drop over when i can to pick it up!
    Pick it up from where? I have it, will be there at 5pm-ish on Monday.
    People with just frames need to bring a philips-head screwdriver to put on the hooks.
    Somebody bringing the string to hang them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will be bringing Prints to be framed for myself & Sinead.

Does anyone have some extra strong Fishing line or something similar to hang the photo's?

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    I will be bringing Prints to be framed for myself & Sinead.

Does anyone have some extra strong Fishing line or something similar to hang the photo's?

I'll be there around 5 - 515pm and I have a roll of heavy duty line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

What's the story with the exhibition, does it officially start Monday 15th, Can anyone pop along that night?

I'm supposed to be calling into Steve tomorrow to pick up a print, if anyone would like me to pick anything up and bring it along, please let me know.
    Also, if you would like any help with hanging the prints etc.. earlier in the day I am available all day if you need any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

I'll be there around 5 - 515pm and I have a roll of heavy duty line.

Anybody know what time this place is open until tonight? I'd lilke to spin over to help, or at least drop off my contribution, but realistically won't be there until 6:30/7:00ish

my free time at the moment is really,really limited.absolute earliest i can be there is about 6 but i cant really stay.how long does the exhibition run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

trooney wrote: »
    Anybody know what time this place is open until tonight? I'd lilke to spin over to help, or at least drop off my contribution, but realistically won't be there until 6:30/7:00ish

Address:
    County Library,
    Library Square,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24.

Tel: +353 1 462 0073

Opening Hours
    Closed Saturdays and Mondays of Bank Holiday Weekends

Mon: 9.45 - 8.00
    Tues: 9.45 - 8.00
    Wed: 9.45 - 8.00
    Thurs: 9.45 - 8.00
    Fri: 9.45 - 4.30
    Sat: 9.45 - 4.30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Struggling to make it at all this evening. If anyone city centre (ish) is heading out and could take my print I'd much appreciate it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

The Library is open until 8pm.

We have the space for two weeks.

If you arrive late then we will leave some information as to where we will be & a phone number with the Librarians.

PM me if you need my number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just wondering what kind of 'information' (if any) is being put up with the photos (ie. about each (amateur) photographer) ?

I was about to make a couple of A4 laminated sheets to explain the exhibition & give the URL for the book.

i dont think i can make it tonight.anybody able to help putting up my print plz?

If you can drop them into the Library this afternoon they will give them to us to hang later on.

SuperFly's is there already - I brought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Shall see you guys around 5 :)

SuperFly's is there already - I brought it.

yup and thanks a mill. :D
    who is gonna be the official photog of the night?

My camera is in the boot of the car so can bring it in. In fact I will bring it in rather than leave it in the car :eek:

• Advertisement

Mine as always will be attached to me.... Buzz was the one on the book-launch night - I think!

S/He who has the biggest camera can be the offical 'tog'!

Packs his 600mm equiv lense - one time 4/3rd system is a disadvantage!

I nearly always have my G9 with me.

The preliminary shots were taken with that, so you are all too late.

S/He who has the biggest camera can be the offical 'tog'!

Hmmm......biggest what?

200DD3DAEA5245B88A4DE1180B00A422-500.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Is this place near the square? What road do I take from the city? I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Ok...no panic cpt. Mainwearing think I've got it figured. Head west. Harold's x, terenure, templeogue, tallaght. I thought these place only existed on traffic reports.

humberklog wrote: »
    Is this place near the square? What road do I take from the city? I don't know what a tracker mortgage is.

Ok...no panic cpt. Mainwearing think I've got it figured. Head west. Harold's x, terenure, templeogue, tallaght. I thought these place only existed on traffic reports.

Directly behind the square - go between the Civic Theatre and Rua Red Arts Centre and its attached to the County Council Offices. Impressive spot tbh.

The LUAS stops practically at the front door (well kinda).

Paid parking at the square or a number of multi stories around that area.

Free Parking in the Civic Theatre Carpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Will has my print. Doesn't look like I'll make it, sorry about that.

best of luck with it tonight! pity i cant make it. but ill head out another night

I'm not gonna be able to make it out tonight either. Weds at the earliest. I'm assuming I'm good to spin over weds and slip one in? (Oo-er missus...) ;)

• Advertisement

I'm assuming I'm good to spin over weds and slip one in? (Oo-er missus...) ;)

Actually .....sorry but no.

There was a lot of work put into positioning the exhibition so it all hangs together. Just hanging another print in there will not work.

I'm not gonna be able to make it out tonight either. Weds at the earliest. I'm assuming I'm good to spin over weds and slip one in? (Oo-er missus...) ;)

Sorry Tony. I have to side with CabanSail. There was a lot of work put into hanging and arranging the display the display by all who attended this evening. Trying to insert an extra print into the display would take away from the panel. The whole display would need to be reorganised to fit in extra prints.

It's a pity you and a couple of others didn't make it down with prints for tonight, hopefully next time ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I could not get there due to work duties, I am sorry for that.

Wonder what this lot are staring at......

C2311792205141FCA0FD80407EA46B35-500.jpg

I managed to swing back through the library after my trip to the hospital and its a fine display - fair play everyone.

Well worth a visit - a great display to be proud of.

Apologies I couldn't stay too long to help / needed to bail out early but duty called. Anyhow, thank you to everyone who made it, and especially for looking after my herself's print.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

many thanks to sinisterdexter for collecting my print from Steve and to whoever hung it, bless you both. hopefully i can get to see over the next two weeks

• Advertisement

The hanging was a group thing. We worked out which images were Left, Centre & Right images. Then which should be Up or Down. The next step was to get some symmetry & had that almost sorted when Buzz turned up with more images. We then adjusted it all again. Then tweeked it until it looked good as a body or work.

I think we did quite well & it all works really well.

Now if there were 3 or 4 other images to go up they could use the spare Board at the top of the stairs to hang them. There is no way we can readjust the exhibition which is now finalised.

The hanging was a .. thing.. We worked out .. Then ... Buzz turned up with more images... Then tweeked .a body. at the top of the stairs to hang.

Knew you had a plan. But I survived to tell the tale :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Only helped / suggested a little, but at least that. And really like the result of everbodys input.

And Steve: Thanks a million for print, mount and frame!! Looks brilliant - and is a nice feeling. My first framed photo and now even in an exhibition.

oh, and you guys missed a nice burger and pint - or two :D

Now if there were 3 or 4 other images to go up they could use the spare Board at the top of the stairs to hang them. There is no way we can readjust the exhibition which is now finalised.

Well, if there are a few more who didn't make it out in time to add to the group...

how did it go last night?

• Advertisement
Advertisement