Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Exhibition at Tallaght Library

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Anyone take a photo of the photos? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I have various photo's of different stages on my G9. Just have to get a few moments at home to upload them.

Thanks guys (especially Will who brought out my print) for all the effort that went in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

special thanks to sinister who brought out my photo and whoever hung it!! big wheel up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

completely forgot about this with being away for the last two weekends,did anyone hang my print,the fireworks shot ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

completely forgot about this with being away for the lasy ywo weekends,did anyone hang my print,the fireworks shot ?

Yup, she's up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

thanks a million to whoever hung it and to all involved in the setup,how long is this running for ?

2 Weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

One of my friends was in the library yesterday and was impressed with the exhibition.
    However she was telling me someone was looking to buy a copy of one image the fact that there are no names or titles or contact details caused the guy to move on.

Maybe someone could leave a copy of the book with the Librarian !. I'll see if I can manage to get out there !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

One of my friends was in the library yesterday and was impressed with the exhibition.
    However she was telling me someone was looking to buy a copy of one image the fact that there are no names or titles or contact details caused the guy to move on.
    I thought CabanSail had put something up ?

....as I has queried earlier in this thread !!
    RE:
    Just wondering what kind of 'information' (if any) is being put up with the photos (ie. about each (amateur) photographer) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Cabansail did put up something. I can remember if there were any contact details on it. It was more info about the forum if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

There was a small blurb put up about boards, the book and charity. Nothing about each photographer and/or details :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

We did not know, until the night, who was actually going to turn up with a print. I did put together some information & laminated them to explain the exhibition, the forum, the book & the charity. It was done in a hurry & I messed up the Forum URL - Doh!

The Library has my contact details & I have just received an email that somone wants to buy one of the prints. I have passed that information on so that they can negotiate a price.

I am sure that if there are further sales inquiries they will be passed on to me as well. I will then get in touch. My commission is only 10% for this service. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

CabanSail wrote: »
    The Library has my contact details & I have just received an email that somone wants to buy one of the prints. I have passed that information on so that they can negotiate a price.

That's interesting. I didn't get the mail. Are you sure you sent it ? :D

My money is on Pullandbang :D:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Taking a trip up tomorrow :D

I will let the person announce it themselves, if they want to.

All proceeds from sales go to the Boards Photography Forum Piss Up ... :D:pac: Thats BPFPU to the camera club heads :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

And the person can have BPFPUC added to their name. Boards Photography Forum Piss Up Contributor

Covey wrote: »
    All proceeds from sales go to the Boards Photography Forum Piss Up ... :D:pac: Thats BPFPU to the camera club heads :p

I'm not sure that's accredited ;)

Sinead, you qualify for the Distinction already. Years of serving the cause :D

Well .... the Photographer is not a camera club person. In fact they rarely, if ever, post here.

they rarely, if ever, post here.

they must have posted here at least once to get into the book, no?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Covey wrote: »
    My money is on Pullandbang :D:pac::pac:

You just lost all your money :D

• Advertisement

Well .... the Photographer is not a camera club person. In fact they rarely, if ever, post here.
    I think you are wrong. I post here all the time ;D

I think you are wrong. I post here all the time ;D

what was the pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

oooooohhhhh glad to see i've made it to being 'controversial' - is that a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    oooooohhhhh glad to see i've made it to being 'controversial' - is that a good thing?

Had a feeling it was you (ish) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Had a feeling it was you (ish) ;)

Well not me as such so i'll never live it down at home here :D

• Advertisement

What's it like living with a Pro Photographer? ;)

I was checking back in old emails & I noticed that the Exhibition Space at the Library was originally offered for three weeks. Recently I was told it was two weeks but have just checked & we do in fact have three weeks booked on their calender.

Exhibitions normally only have two weeks display time, so this is where the confusion arose.

We are now due to take the Exhibition down on Saturday 6th March.

anyone got any pics of the exhibition to post?
    ive not been able to get out there yet :(

anyone got any pics of the exhibition to post?
    ive not been able to get out there yet :(

Here's a couple.

I do have more in the G9 but have not had a chance to d/l them. This weekend I will post some.

Here's a couple.

ah cool. the exhibition looks great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

We are now due to take the Exhibition down on Saturday 6th March.

That's good news! For one as it's now on for longer, but as well as at least for me a Saturday would be much more relaxed to get there.

Will we know about a time closer to the date? (not that I want it to end already, but...;))

xia wrote: »
    That's good news! For one as it's now on for longer, but as well as at least for me a Saturday would be much more relaxed to get there.

Will we know about a time closer to the date? (not that I want it to end already, but...;))

And it's my birthday too :D

sineadw wrote: »
    And it's my birthday too :D

So is there a piss up on the cards?

*wonders if he is getting a bad rep*

• Advertisement

So is there a piss up on the cards?

*wonders if he is getting a bad rep*

I might enjoy one or two refreshing beverages..

sineadw wrote: »
    I might enjoy one or two refreshing beverages..

And we are all invited to join! Great idea:D

Just wondering if anyone else has been up to the exhibition and what they thought of it?

completely forgot about it...must try to get out there this weekend

bit of a question..the exhibition is ending this saturday isnt it?
    I cant make it at weekends to pick up the photo. How would it be to collect it on friday does anybody know?

With great difficulty.... we rigged them to blow if anybody moved them! That'll teach the little skangers! Mwah Ha Ha HA!!!

Sorry, back to your question.... I have no say/thoughts on it! :p

With great difficulty.... we rigged them to blow if anybody moved them! That'll teach the little skangers! Mwah Ha Ha HA!!!

Sorry, back to your question.... I have no say/thoughts on it! :p
    hehehehe Ill have to go with my Mission Impossible kit bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 nowst

Hi

- I was up in Tallaght Lib today, your Exibition is still showing, Images look great. Well Presented.

Were can you buy the book ?

Cheers

PullandBang - a few post back up there ^^^^ - has the link in his Sig.

• Advertisement

Or I have the link in my sig as well.

Do we know already a time when we'll meet on Saturday?

Advertisement