Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Exhibition at Tallaght Library

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

A conversation, between me and another boardsie who put up the display, last night came to the conclusion that they should all be left up until Saturday. This stops pictures going missing. There we are on Sat - "Hmmm Jim must have taken his already.... oh and Sean aswell" only to see Sean come through the door.

The library will hold the pictures in the office until you can pick them up - don't leave them a month - so please if you can't pick them up on Saturday then please say so and we will leave them in the office.

I'm not putting this down as rule, it was just 2 peoples views put together.

Agree/disagree?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

A conversation, between me and another boardsie who put up the display, last night came to the conclusion that they should all be left up until Saturday. This stops pictures going missing. There we are on Sat - "Hmmm Jim must have taken his already.... oh and Sean aswell" only to see Sean come through the door.

The library will hold the pictures in the office until you can pick them up - don't leave them a month - so please if you can't pick them up on Saturday then please say so and we will leave them in the office.

I'm not putting this down as rule, it was just 2 peoples views put together.

Agree/disagree?

well its fine by me. I can pop over to the library on monday evening to pick it up if needs be.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

I definitely won't get there on Saturday so if ACD or Buzz were heading up, they might take mine too? If not, leave it in the office and I'll get there Monday or Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I'm another who can't pick up Saturday. Leave it in the office and I'll pick it up next week. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

next week +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I won't be there this Saturday - but I'll be up either next Thursday 11th or Friday 12th and pick it up in the office...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

I probably won't be around on Saturday so shall pick her up on Monday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

I will have to pick up on Monday as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

For a change: I'll be there on Saturday! Looks like almost on my own though:eek: And still no time? Sorry, couldn't make it last night to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I'll be there too Xia :) What time does it close? And when is Tony back?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I am not back until Sat 13th.

Could someone collect mine & bring it to DCC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

11th is the day which will suit me to collect mine.

Closes at 4:30. Looks like I won't be there for the end.

Ah c'mon Sinister! You can't miss that;)

Otherwise it looks like a girls afternoon so far, Sinead. Not sure if there's much more to be done other than taking them down so will we say half three ish. Your birthday party can start early then:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Could someone pick up mine for me, I might be up West Dublin direction next Monday !!??

xia wrote: »
    Ah c'mon Sinister! You can't miss that;)

Otherwise it looks like a girls afternoon so far, Sinead. Not sure if there's much more to be done other than taking them down so will we say half three ish. Your birthday party can start early then:)

I have to buy my kid's communion suit up there (don't feckin ask.. :mad:). Is Phil going?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

hi,wont be able to collect mine,any chance anyone could get it and post it to me ? ? will send them postage costs through paypal ?

if anyone could this would be greatly appreciated

Can anyone make it? Anybody care?

I suggest we sell the pictures to pay for drinks for Sineads party! Only those that can collect on Saturday get to vote!:p

Oh and I will be there.... don't know if I am driving yet.

hi,wont be able to collect mine,any chance anyone could get it and post it to me ? ? will send them postage costs through paypal ?

if anyone could this would be greatly appreciated

If your in Raheny, ask them to hold on to it and I can pop it around to you next week!

sineadw wrote: »
    Is Phil going?

He hasn't posted in this thread in ages. Will pm him. But then again isn't Saturday his most busy day?

Ok, if I see it right, everybody will collect their pictures sooner or later themselves, bar Tony and Moralproduction but both are sorted, right? All three of us who so far will be there on Saturday at whatever time could take Tony's.

But maybe we could meet again there the following weekend and take all not collected pictures and sell them? For an after-birthday-party!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Can anyone make it? Anybody care?

I suggest we sell the pictures to pay for drinks for Sineads party! Only those that can collect on Saturday get to vote!:p

Oh and I will be there.... don't know if I am driving yet.
    I care!!!!!! :D

Sorry Xia.... gotta sell them on the day!

It's Sinead's birthday on that Saturday and I wont be around the next Saturday!

There will be a class of photographers - from DCC - downstairs in a class who will buy what they know to be great, priceless, pictures for the pittance we are asking!:p

OK, we will just put your handles on them in the office.

I don't have the Photobook and can't be sure who's is who's..... care to PM me people.

I know Cabansail's and KJT's.... terrible memory.

Mine is the bakers

My head is like a sieve.... I even brought yours up by itself.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Luckily for you, I am abroad. Does anybody want my print?

I start the bidding at 5c.... No there is no 0 missing! :p

ThOnda wrote: »
    Luckily for you, I am abroad. Does anybody want my print?

How much? Oh. Wait. Need to be carefull with my money. Gave notice yesterday...Happy days!!

I start the bidding at 5c.... No there is no 0 missing! :p

Maybe I could go up to 10c :D

I'm presuming those C's are the latin numeral. Generous offers :D

• Advertisement

Nice try, but maybe you want to go there?:p

Th0ndas situation has been sorted out - it is not for sale.... not even for 15c:p

What??? That's not fair!!! I might have even paid 20c

Everything is for sale, it is only question of money. Everything.

Well, you haven't even covered the price of printing and mounting, so there is so far only way - give it to somebody who deserves the picture ;)

I believe it is still the same situation as my last post - will sort it out when he is back.

(PM'ing back and forward we are)

ThOnda wrote: »
    Everything is for sale, it is only question of money. Everything.

Well, you haven't even covered the price of printing and mounting, so there is so far only way - give it to somebody who deserves the picture ;)

So that's me then. Deal done!:D

• Advertisement

In fairness, I am waiting for few people if they are interested. But after tomorrow's deadline, it'll be available to person who will post the best reason why they should get the print ;)

Because only for me you wouldn't have got the shot :D;):p

im just down the road from the fire brigade station,if you could get it ill drop up to you in raheny and pick it up ?

thanks in advance
    Covey wrote: »
    If your in Raheny, ask them to hold on to it and I can pop it around to you next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I'll collect on Monday from the office - have a whole load of places to be tomorrow so won't make the take down.

Thanks everyone who made this a success. I've been in and out of the exhibition a few times over the couple of weeks and it is really a great display.

Cheers.

3:30 for the take down? Who is coming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I wud if I cud but I can't :o (in Cork and working until 8pm tonight:()
    So.......could someone take mine down & take good care of it until I can sort out a collection time, I may be in the West Dublin/Kildare area next Monday/Tuesday :confused:

I'll be there at 3.30 :)

About to leave for Tallaght now:)

Ok. I now have the pics of
    SineadW
    Pullandbang
    Buzz
    CabanSail
    ThOnda

and will bring them Monday resp. Tuesday to DCC.
    ThOnda: when are you back in Ireland and who will get your's now? I can keep it here as long as needed.

All the others are in the library as we forgot to bring the book and didn't remember exactly who's pic which was.
    So if you don't make it during the week give me a shout. It's not a big deal for me to go there again next Saturday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will not be back at DCC until next week, but if you can take mine in & leave it upstairs it will be fine. Thanks for doing that xia.

No problem. Thought it should be ok to leave it in the library room til you're back.

Hi,does anybody know what happened to mine,the fireworks shot ?

completely forgot about it ?

Not completely forgotten. But as we forgot the book we weren't sure which is yours, sorry! And I'm not exactly in Dublin West.

But if you don't make it during the week yourself (it's in the office of the library) I'll pick it up on Saturday.

And a little reminder for everybody:
    Please pick your pic up this week if you want to get it the easy way. Otherwise I'll take it and we need to meet somehow. And I'll be away from 26th for three weeks, so if you'd like to get your pic back soon...

(And at some stage I might use it to pay my rent:eek:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

xia wrote: »
    And a little reminder for everybody:
    Please pick your pic up this week if you want to get it the easy way. Otherwise I'll take it and we need to meet somehow. And I'll be away from 26th for three weeks, so if you'd like to get your pic back soon...

(And at some stage I might use it to pay my rent:eek:)

I think Buzz now has mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

picked up mines this morning. It's now taking pride of place on my desk in work...trying to sell itself :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement