Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lipo 11.1v and strobes

Options
  • 20-01-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Ok iv started thinking about lipos so i watched a few vids online and seen crazy rof over 1300 rpm so what i want to know is what other internal upgrades would i want to do to keep my gun running smoothly?Also has anyone any experience with tactical strobes for cqb or would they even be allowed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

just chronoed my vfc m4 @ 1330 rpm with 9.6v 1600mah intellect battery.

So for me no need for lipo..

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I dont' think tactical strobes are allowed because of risk to epileptics

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

I may be wrong here, but isn't that epileptics thing just a load that the anti-computer-games crowd threw out back in the '90s, which has been blown out of all proportion? I remember when they started putting warnings into the backs of manuals about playing in a well-lit room, taking a break every hour and so on, to appease the group that were afraid their kids might start spazzing out on Rainbow Road.

Given that that was exactly the mentality that is now being directed at airsoft (and previously Dungeons & Dragons in the States, and so on) - I don't understand it so I don't like it so I'll concoct reasons why it's bad - I think we owe it to society to do a bit of research rather than going with the knee-jerk party line. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere reputable fairly recently that that form of epilepsy is extremely rare, and I think I remember reading back in the day that those who do suffer from it can have it brought on by looking at trees go by out the car window.

I'd just hate to see rules brought in based on shoddy evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

damagegt wrote: »
    Ok iv started thinking about lipos so i watched a few vids online and seen crazy rof over 1300 rpm so what i want to know is what other internal upgrades would i want to do to keep my gun running smoothly?Also has anyone any experience with tactical strobes for cqb or would they even be allowed?
    Why? Just why???
    So utterly pointless... Unless you want it for awesome semi-auto.
    But anyway,
    Good bearings,
    High speed gear set,
    Good shimming,
    Polycarbonate piston,
    Metal or polycarbonate piston head (bearing type),
    Reinforced tappet place,
    New cylinder hear maybe,
    Bearing spring guide,
    MOSFET,
    Guarder M120 motor.
    That's all I can think of, I'm sure someone will come along and say otherwise.

I still think an 11.1V lipo is overkill...
    A strobe light is just gonna piss people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

well ill stick to what i have so.that sounds like to much work,and as for the strobe,it was just an idea i had for clearing rooms giving you the element of surprise and all that,im sure it would piss them off as much as if you used a flash bang on them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement