Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to LuckyLloyd

Options
  • 20-01-2010 12:16pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you may or may not know, Lloyd was removed by the admins as a moderator from all his forums following a dispute over a post he made in the soccer forum. Since his appeal has been rejected I think it appropriate to start this thread at this point thanking Lloyd for his poker forum moderation over the last while.

This should not be a thread asking specifically what happened, or giving out about anyone. Abuse will be deleted and is not going to help anyone. Needless to say however, I disagree strongly with the admin decision, but there is nothing I can do to have it reversed. This thread is just to thank Lloyd and let him know we appreciate his input and modding over the last year(ish), or at least I do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

5starpool wrote: »
    Needless to say however, I disagree strongly with the admin decision, but there is nothing I can do to have it reversed. This thread is just to thank Lloyd and let him know we appreciate his input and modding over the last year(ish), or at least I do.
    These would be my exact sentiments.

Thanks a million Lloyd for all the help over the last year, you'll truly be missed around here.

Ste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just lurk in the poker forum tbh, but Lloyd always seemed like a decent, clued-in player and a great mod.

Here's hoping he sticks around, or better, this mess gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Was good to have Lloyd as a mod, but i just hope that he continues to post as normal once this mess is left behind because it's rare to find a post of his that isn't worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

5starpool wrote: »
    Since his appeal has been rejected

I can't click direct links in work, where is this thread Dom?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

What?! He's like the best poster in the soccer forum. Big loss imo. Hopefully he sticks around to post. Cheers for the modding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Flushdraw wrote: »

It's a thread called 'Appeal' in the helpdesk forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Help Desk

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

It's in Helpdesk.

Keep posting in Poker at least Lloyd.

Everyone back to pokertalk in protest !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I hope this doesnt mean Llyod is hanging up his posting boots. If it does *insert savage abuse here* to the powers that be.
    Llyod is a top notch poster and always gave in dept analysis to everythin he responded and was also a funny fcuker at times to.
    Its their loss imo and i hope he stays on here to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

expected

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

thanks for the modding Lloyd, don't leave your true spiritual home here though!

(would love a link to the original contretemps)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

17992.jpg
    "Did you foul the ball son?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

kanyeinterrupt.gif yo admins, im sorry but

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

A top contributer both here and on the Soccer Forum, I really hope he can/will continue to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

5starpool wrote:
    Abuse will be deleted and is not going to help anyone.

It's some effort to not post abuse directed at this decision tbh, but i'll confine this message to a big thanks to lloyd for all his contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

what was the post that all the hullabulloo was about ?

did he insult someone?

did he insult someones team?

was it a racial remark?

don't see the big deal with any of these after all it is soccer we are talking about, probably one of the most verbably abusive sports on the planet.

anyhow
    well played while you were around here lyod
    hope you will stick around for a bit if not its quite understandable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Was totally oblivious to any goings on im sure he didn't tell somebody he would shove that smiley up their arse :pac:

No more in before Lloyd jokes about threads getting locked :(

Seriously thou am sorry to see Lloyd removed as a mod he did a great job and i second what the lads have been saying and hope you stick around and continue to post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

Was totally oblivious to any goings on im sure he didn't tell somebody he would shove that smiley up their arse :pac:

No more in before Lloyd jokes about threads getting locked :(

Seriously thou am sorry to see Lloyd removed as a mod he did a great job and i second what the lads have been saying and hope you stick around and continue to post.

Jeeze, cmon boards hang onto your toys in your virtual pram

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

While I cant seem to find why this happened, it seems a shame as LLoyd is a great mod and great poster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Damn! Lloyd gone over some chavball nonsense :confused: I thought he might have been getting out in advance of further revelations in the furniture throwing at the poker table thread :pac:

Seriously though, this place cannot be the same without Lloyd, hopefully everything will be sorted and returned to normal very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Suited wrote: »

What are you talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Top job Lloyd, disapoointed to see you go from AF as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

They tuk our Lloyd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Thanks for keeping the sanity in here! Unfortunate events. Hope you don't vacate the building totally over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Good game Lloyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

internetseriousbusiness.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

Suited wrote: »
    gtfo

GG Lloyd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Further discussion with Lloyd on this matter would be a waste of time and electrons.

It's little remarks like this which sometimes make me wonder if the admins like inciting confrontation.

LLoyd was a unique type of moderator, his mere presence being enough to deter tomfoolery. Hopefully he'll still continue to post here.

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's little remarks like this which sometimes make me wonder if the admins like inciting confrontation.

LLoyd was a unique type of moderator, his mere presence being enough to deter tomfoolery. Hopefully he'll still continue to post here.

+1

Lloyd entering a debate normally put a full stop to the nonsense side. Not saying we haven't disagreed in the past and he's been wrong once or twice* but he is definitely one of the best posters in these parts (Soccer Forum Poster of the Year last year wasn't he?) and a massive loss both to the community and the moderation of this site.

He's the only Mod I've ever seen have a "thank you so much" thread started about him and considering he modded soccer that's not an achievement as much as it is a miracle.

I'm sure Lloyd knows how much I'd hate complimenting him if I could avoid it (sparse man with the old praise me) but he is definitely the sort of poster Boards.ie should be holding out as an example to others as the model of a poster.

Cheers for the modding round here the last while Lloyd. Good job.

*So much so that I can almost use the expression "once or twice" literally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I would like to thank Kayroo for volunteering to fill Lloyd's shoes, well done.

Advertisement