Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

NO I DONT WANT THE JOB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I would like to thank Kayroo for volunteering to fill Lloyd's shoes, well done.

Them be some big shoes to fill :)

Seriously though lol at saying that Lloyd acted agreesively in a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Big thanks to Lloyd indeed. A pleasure to have as a co mod, and I feel he brought some good level headedness to the soccer forum also.

Am over in the UK, so very little net access till now. Just wanted to echo what Dom and Ste said in regards to the decision. Its one I completely disagree with, I would hope that some clear thinking happen around this.

also lol at Dom robbing all of Lloyd's 'thanks'

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

What a wonderful community we'd have here if more posted in the reasoned, intelligent style Lloyd shared with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,355 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Cross post....

You will be missed Lloyd. Any chance of a explanation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A bit shocked about this (even more shocked I have to find out by visiting the Poker forum!). LL, for whatever its worth don't dump boards, you're a sound contributor. Just think of this as a way of being able to post without any pressure to be even handed or remotely fair ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mike65 wrote: »
    A bit shocked about this (even more shocked I have to find out by visiting the Poker forum!). LL, for whatever its worth don't dump boards, you're a sound contributor. Just think of this as a way of being able to post without any pressure to be even handed or remotely fair ;)

Agreed; stick around Lloyd. It'd be easier to give up on boards, but why not ignore the politics stuff and get back to what matters, posting and enjoying the interaction with the users, not the background crap? In the end a lot of it is around a total lack of understanding of the larger forums and how they work and what its like for you guys to mod them. It seems its all take take take, in the end maybe you are better off out of it?

The only thing boards has is the users, without good ones like yourself it's nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

gg wp ul ty etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Terrible shame. 1 of the best posters on here or any board we both frequent. I hope you change your mind and stick around to post.
    If not, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

fight the powah, good man LL

A lttle song for the LL fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Shame. The only moderator around here I have any respect for really. If the rest of you dont like that sorry but you could learn a lot from this guy. Always showed intelligence, maturity and impartiality when going about his work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Conbro wrote: »
    Shame. The only moderator around here I have any respect for really. If the rest of you dont like that sorry but you could learn a lot from this guy. Always showed intelligence, maturity and impartiality when going about his work

Never one to beat around the bush Conor ...... good work Lloyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

lets all resign as mods and members and see how the marketing income take a dive?

To be honest this forum as never been the strongest on freedom of speech and the above crap is typical of the people running this site now and protecting there interest, which is understandable seen they create it and work hard to benefit from it. But doesn't stop them from been morons. I think the response in the feedback is typical and if someone said that to me on this forum I know what I would be doing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Lloyd, you are better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Yeah Lloyd those PM's were totally over the top :rolleyes:

FFS!!!!! I really hope that you will hang around and still be a part of the community.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Although i'm guilty of doing this myself but...

the time and effort you put into writing and moderating posts isn't really rewarded back to you lloyd, it's good writing practice but perhaps you should think about creating a blog or site that would earn you advertising pennies as well as giving you complete creative freedom?
    in short, perhaps it's time you got paid to write?

or do the mods get paid...? cliquey fukcs! :mad:

i love u man! u big brian blessed lovechild!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i cant believe the source of all this nonsense! sign of the times around here?

i hope you stay around and continue to post, but id understand if you dont, best of luck either way mate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Wow just read through that helpdesk thread.

It is so frustrating and unfair. I really feel for you Lloyd.

My question for the other poker Mods.

You all went nuts when they tried to take the BBV thread from you. Where's the same passion when one of your brothers in arms is bullied and unjustly treated by some regime like gang of admins?

This is way worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Sometimes someone decides your number is up and wait with an itchy finger for an opportunity. This is one of those times. Sorry to see you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,573 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hi All

It is important that we point out that the poker forum is not the correct place to discuss the reasons behind LL's demodding and subsequent appeal. And we would ask you to refrain from going into detail here on the poker forum.

Tom - I'm gonna reply to you in a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

When I noticed you had been removed as a mod and you hadn't posted in a while was actually worried you might have retired due to a real-life problem so was relieved to hear the actual cause.

Reading the PM's its looks ridiculous. Hope ya get it sorted soon and as others have said would be a real shame if you didn't stick around one way or the other.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Nicely written reply there Lloyd. It's a shame that this has all happened. It always happens to the good guys.

I am glad I am a soccer hating female as that forum sounds like a minefield!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Wow just read through that helpdesk thread.

It is so frustrating and unfair. I really feel for you Lloyd.

My question for the other poker Mods.

You all went nuts when they tried to take the BBV thread from you. Where's the same passion when one of your brothers in arms is bullied and unjustly treated by some regime like gang of admins?

This is way worse.

Excellent point Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

he has done this state some service, no more of it.

that thread in help desk is epic reading. one of these has been sadly lacking from all of the relevant threads.

popcorngiraffe.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lads, if you have any feedback for admins or similar, start a feedback thread. This is really not the place for it

Kev edit - If you are posting in feedback, please try to do everyone a favour (including Lloyd) and keep it civil and make coherent points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

5starpool wrote: »
    Lads, if you have any feedback for admins or similar, start a feedback thread. This is really not the place for it

Kev edit - If you are posting in feedback, please try to do everyone a favour (including Lloyd) and keep it civil and make coherent points

And it starts,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806384

Advertisement