Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

• Registered Users Posts: 39,302 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mole hills and mountains.

Obviously you're a bit pissed off about this Llyod, but if they don't want you they can go fcuk themselves tbh.
    Does this mean you'll have more time for the theory forum, you always made good contributions to threads, esp on MTTs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Insta locked.

You can be sure teh admins are watching this thread closely

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

lol thread closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

SweptUnderTheRug.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Cant talk about it here cant talk about it over there, where the hell can you talk about it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

LOL @ how the mods tell us to take the discussion to the feedback forum then lock the thread as soon as its started. What a bunch of geniuses running this place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

Someone made a decision, and the rest have to support it, even if it is wrong.

Conbro wrote: »
    LOL @ how the mods tell us to take the discussion to the feedback forum then lock the thread as soon as its started. What a bunch of geniuses running this place
    Mods here have no control over feedback

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Conbro wrote: »

the mods on poker/soccer have to be very careful what they allow said. They have no input into what is allowed in feedback. Only that they can't allow feedback like threads on their forums.

If the admins decide they don't want the feedback on the feedback forum either then users are basically not allowed to discuss it on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

kincsem wrote: »
    Someone made a decision, and the rest have to support it, even if it is wrong.

I think it is clear we do not agree with the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I notice you can no longer thank a post in a closed thread anymore, so can't even show support for Kyrogens thread.

Load a gash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

5starpool wrote: »
    I think it is clear we do not agree with the decision.

fair play for backing your stance on the feedback thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Cant talk about it here cant talk about it over there, where the hell can you talk about it :confused:
    From that Feedback thread this is where people can post their appreciation of Lloyd as a mod and poster.

If anyone has problems with how decisions are made within boards then Feedback or Helpdesk is the place to talk about those feelings and thoughts. Alternatively you can PM your cmod, but certainly this is the correct thread and forum for thanking and recollecting about your favourite Lloyd moments but if you want to discuss boardswide decisions then this is not the correct forum.

If you think you are not being given an adequate voice then there are PM routes to the members of the Admin team or to your cmods. There are loads of avenues open to people once they don't resort to personal abuse and the likes, keep it civil but you should feel free to voice your opinions in the correct places once those opinions are communicated with civility and respect.

Ste

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ste05 wrote: »
    From that Feedback thread this is where people can post their appreciation of Lloyd as a mod and poster.

If anyone has problems with how decisions are made within boards then Feedback or Helpdesk is the place to talk about those feelings and thoughts. Alternatively you can PM your cmod, but certainly this is the correct thread and forum for thanking and recollecting about your favourite Lloyd moments but if you want to discuss boardswide decisions then this is not the correct forum.

If you think you are not being given an adequate voice then there are PM routes to the members of the Admin team or to your cmods. There are loads of avenues open to people once they don't resort to personal abuse and the likes, keep it civil but you should feel free to voice your opinions in the correct places once those opinions are communicated with civility and respect.

Ste

No point posting about lloyd in there as it will be deleted (as my post there was).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I knew not Lloyd by engagement, but am surprised all around about the entire episode.

Shine on you Crazy Diamond.

Time to start chucking some chairs, somebody get onto Damo :pac:

No point posting about lloyd in there as it will be deleted (as my post there was).
    My understanding of the current situation is if people want to discuss Lloyd then this is the correct venue, however, if people wish to discuss Mod/cmod/Admin decisions, then feedback is the correct venue. So it's probably not wise to mention the Lloyd situation specifically.

Crap, I'm kinda to blame. Standard I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

If they won't allow fellow Mods speak what chance do us mere 'mortals' have?

Time for Dev to step in here & sort out this sorry 'us v them' mess before the bad feeling gets too deep.

This whole saga has been handled appallingly & someone needs to accept responsibility and own up to making an over bureaucrartic ass of themselves IMO.

I really hope Kayroo kept a copy of that post, was very good but alas was deleted.

Indeed I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

The Legal Brief arrived and instantly vanished! Excellent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,314 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

tm2204 wrote: »
    Can you PM me the post please?

http://4percenter.blogspot.com/2010/01/luckylloyd.html

I was going to delete this until I was pointed to this and I think Dev can more than speak for himself:
    DeVore wrote: »
    Make a blog and link it from here (even in your sig!), then you can say what you like. And we can all collectively ignore it.

Jobs Oxo!

DeV.

ps: If we really were censorous, wouldnt the first thing we cut be threads complaining about our oppressive nature? You havent had this thread cut, nor been banned so I think you are disproving your own point by making it. Hoist by your own retard!
    I obey rules laid down from upon high, and they don't come much higher than DeVore*.

*I await correction on this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

On a lighter note: Ste, what happened to Danger Mouse? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

This was an unbelievably bad decision. I can't believe he was demodded over that post in soccer. Seriuosly. A guy who has put probably hundreds of hours worth of work into this site for free purely because of his love for it and he gets demodded almost instantly for that one completely harmless post. This site has been steadily going downhill for the last year or two and this is a perfect of example of how it's lost its way. It doesn't have the same 'feel' as it used to, it's become way too beaurocratic at the expense of common sense and the sense of community.

And I think it's quite clear that the general consensus is that LL has always been an excellent moderator. WTF is the point of moderators devoting their time to this site when they can get treated like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Ste05 wrote: »
    , and they don't come much higher than DeVore*.

*I await correction on this point?

I am probably higher than anybody right now

I echo everyone else in this thread..this whole thing stinks

Advertisement