Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks to LuckyLloyd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Found basically all of LL's posts in the BBV to be interesting and well constructed, well worth reading.

It's a shame to see what has happened, and almost a greater shame to see how little the Admins (owners?) appreciate the voluntary time and effort the mods give to this website to make it what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Lucky Lloyd FTW! :)

The System FTL! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Indeed I did.
    excellent read, and Lloydesque in its eloquence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

5starpool got post of the day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

A humorous post and a lack of grovelling penitence? Lloyd is lucky to have gotten away without a custodial sentence to be sure.

Putting ridiculous lack of proportionality and adolescent authoritarianism aside, I want to commend Lloyd for his efforts on here. He has always made a superior effort with his posts and has added considerably to this site in terms of intelligent and interesting comment, and efforts as a reasonable mod.

I would have imagined that that would stack up pretty well against a single post and a narky pm response or 2. But what would I know, I can't write computer code or speak Klingon. Lloyd has always represented decency and common sense to me, so it's not entirely surprising that he's leaving due to its absence.

Stick around in BBV Lloyd. This is what you get for venturing out of there with the yahoos :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Thanks a lot Lloyd for all your work. I've always enjoyed reading your posts and you've always done your moderating duties in a sensible and fair manner, example to anyone how to do the job tbh.

Won't meet a nicer fella at the poker tables either. Glad to see you're sticking around at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Lloyd has over 16k posts, but do you see him being praised for the way he handled A,B or C? Do you see him thanked for the numerous times he's provided valuable information and helped people out. Do you see them commenting on his excellent posting style and use of the english language?

Instead, you see them taking a couple of posts, accusing him of trolling the biggest trolling category on boards and then telling him to go pack his bags.

Hands up who wants to be a mod after this? No fkkin way Jose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Sorry the remaining mods have to keep deleting posts, can we please keep all posts here on a positive note, to thank Lloyd for his mod stuff and his posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I don't frequent these parts of boards.ie often, and I've no real experience with Lloyd's modding skills. As a complete outsider though I completely agree with him, the Admins have really done themselves a diservice and managed to screw over what definitely appears to be a well respected member and moderator. If it's good enough for a bajillion thanks, then it's good enough for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Havent been on boards too long and don't frequent outside the poker forum too often but from my experience Lloyd has been a great moderator, very sensible, intelligent and down to earth. Only saw the helpdesk now and one can only lol at the admins to be fair - you'll rarely come across people in a position of power with such petty people skills. WP Lloyd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

You never closed your parentheses in one paragraph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

This is all a bit mad. Can someone straighten something out for me?

Moderators do not get paid correct?

I dont understand why anyone would want to be a mod in the first place, but now Im even more dumbfounded after this.

Wp Lloyd, even if you are a Munster fan from Leinster!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

there should be a strike on the 1st february. No one uses boards.ie on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I reckon that eventually this joke of a decision will all get sorted out, but if not I sincerely hope Lloyd will remain as a one of the most reasoned and eloquent posters on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

HatersGonnaHate.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

mink_man wrote: »
    there should be a strike on the 1st february. No one uses boards.ie on that day.

sorry buddy, u must be a teacher because that idea is not very useful at all! how does that hurt them, how about everyone that wants LL back just never click a adv link on the site again till he is back!

Now this is from me! Loyld had very few dealings with yourself on here, but not wanting to echo the whole thread i'll say im delighted to see u go! (Joke Obv :D but what else can i say) i hope to see you playing live more now that u have more time on your hands, class player!

Internet serious business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Lloyd was such a good mod that the hackers waited til he was out of the way to steam in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

mink_man wrote: »

Sure. Why wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Daithio9

Lloyd was such a good mod that the hackers waited til he was out of the way to steam in
    Some might say that the two events are just a little bit too coincidental, eh Lloyd?.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Daithio9 wrote: »
    Some might say that the two events are just a little bit too coincidental, eh Lloyd?.

cross post from BBV

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055806852

We are goin in number's are we?????:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

The admin team reflects......:confused:

adolf-hitler-joke-4_681576c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I have submitted Kayroo's post to my Helpdesk thread. I feel that it is an eloquent summation of the situation, and definitely something that merits an official response.

I know the admins have been busy, but there has been a lot of other posts approved in the Help Desk (including problems not caused by the attack) since this was submitted and yet this post above still hasn't been approved. I'm guessing they're trying to slow down the process...

• Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I know the admins have been busy, but there has been a lot of other posts approved in the Help Desk (including problems not caused by the attack) since this was submitted and yet this post above still hasn't been approved. I'm guessing they're trying to slow down the process...

Weird, pretty sure it was there the other day after being approved as part of one of Lloyds posts, either he removed it or an admin went back and changed it. It was also on the feedback thread, but deleted also I think.

Was thinking something similar myself. They have had a lot on their plate but surely it's a matter of them just approving it? There's nothing untoward in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Lloyd even if you are reinstated I would not bother my arse returning after the way you have been treated. Find other productive ways to spend your time instead of moderating a site were your talents, writing and general viewpoint are not appreciated by the powers that be.

All IMO of course

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Mosiki

Why would anyone give up so much free time to be a Mod, when an admin with an attitude problem on a power trip does something like that.........Let anarchy reign.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I never take this kinda place serious but imo Lloyd is the best poster on this site and it ain't close. He is prob much better off not being here with the kinda fools who have power. Blessing in disguise maybe? Hope he sticks around and I'm sure he'd love too but the place doesn't deserve him considering the treatment he received. glglgl

Ugh being honest and real on internet. Dorty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭FuttBucker

Played with Lloyd only twice lifetime, infact he prob forgets who i am tbh, but he was a real nice bloke and gave me some very good advice. A great poster on this site and I wish him all the best if he continues to post on the site or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Very long response from BuffyBot to Lloyd in the HelpDesk thread now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

Wow this is very crazy to say the least. LL is one of the best posters on this site. There has to be more behind the scenes. The full story is not being told here and if it is.... Boards admins positions need to be reviewed and most certainly a structure put in place to stop this type of shennagin happening again.
    I feel sick for LLoyd as he is a true gent on and off the tables.
    I can Imagine how he is feeling after all this. To be honest it will be a big loss to boards.
    and yes as mentioned previously i would not take the roll back on even if they paid me to do it if i were in his shoes...my 2 cent.

very best of luck lloyd....hope to see you posting back here soon.
    Dave m.

Advertisement