Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

value on a bb bull calf

• 20-01-2010 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

have a brilliant bb bull calf that i am selling tomorrow he is 2 weeks old . out of vap how much should i ask for him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

he a gd calf...what, €400+
    what are calves makin this year on average!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

its a while since i sold a blue calf , but the dealer who buys my calves can be hard to deal with just want an idea so he doesnt screw me:D

well if last year on average--angus cross bul calves were making from €220-260..for a good one!
    i'd take it-a bb calf b nearly double that! aleast €400

have a bb heifer calf born yesterday too what value for a heifer?

i'd be unsure..prob wrong person to be answering calf value prices!
    would a bb heifer be worth €250 to €300? no...
    if a nice heifer-she'd b a great suckler replacement

• Advertisement

they out of friesian cows

i know..
    why farmers not buying bb replacement heifers?use to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

BB replacement heifers are hard calving, I guess. They're too tight 'round the hips.

the heifer calf is out of etb and wouldnt be a patch on the bull out of vap

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

You`d want 350-400 anyway,it depends on the part of country abit too though..they were making that in kilmallock monday.knock 50 that then for the heifer lad id say..

• Advertisement

see farmers journal 2day...bb bulls made...€350,€370bb heifers made...€200,€220

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Excuse mine ignorance (retired from faring at 18) but what does bb stand for

belgian blue

boat not going til tuesday now with the weather so wont know til then going to ask 300:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Ashill5

If it's a good BB calf you should be asking 350 at least

he is taking friesian bull off me too so i will sort the price for them first and if he giving me a crap price for them will ask 350:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭Ashill5

As an old wise neighbour told me once.

" Ask enough at the start, because once you start Dealing you can hardly to go back up ! And there is no point being sorry after he is sold that you didn't ask enough at the start. As not too many Dealers will want to Fatten your back pocket"

If he is a good calf ask 400 or a bit with it if you want you can always drop a bit. You only get to sell him once!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭mossfort

a friend of mine went to look at a few fr x lm calves a dairy farmer was selling one time. the farmer asked 400 euros for the bulls so the guy just got back in his car and left. its hard to put a price on a calf till you see him but dont over do it ask what hes worth.

i got 320 which i was happy with he started with 270:eek: and i started at 350:rolleyes:

ok price i suppose..what he give for the heifer?
    he'll make a few pound on him!

• Advertisement

he had another blue bull on lorry that he paid 270 for wasnt a patch on mine;) the heifer isnt going til next week

Advertisement