Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

08-10-2000, 14:31

• 20-01-2010 12:51pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

08-10-2000, 14:31

That was the time of the very first post on the Photography Forum.

Predictably it was "Wooo first post.... NT" thread by "Slosh" who it seems is still a Moderator but has not posted in the last five years.

Anyway ..... We have a 10th Birthday coming up!
    party-smiley-049.gifparty-smiley-051.gifparty-smiley-052.gifparty-smiley-049.gif

This will not be too long after the 10th Birthday of Boards.ie itself, so we are one of the very early Forums.

Should we do something to mark this occasion?

We have a 9 months Gestation Period to plan something.

Maybe a "10th Anniversay Book" of some of the images from over the decade?

Maybe a Exhibition?

A Beers event is a given I guess?
    party-smiley-012.gifparty-smiley-012.gifparty-smiley-012.gifparty-smiley-012.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

what was it at the start ? Just browsing through the threads, it looks to have been equal parts people complaining about flash sites, animated GIF tips, and 3DS Max related stuff :confused:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Would that date be too early for the 2010 yearbook launch?

Or should we save that for another piss-up occasion?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SinisterDexter

A 10th anniversary book would be hard as you have to ask the owners of images and as you say 'Slosh' hasn't been seen since the last decade!

If you did a book I think it would be fun to post some of the threads in there ~ I foresee a lot of 'OMG:eek: what were they thinking!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Would that date be too early for the 2010 yearbook launch?

Or should we save that for another piss-up occasion?

I think it would be a good date for a 2010 Yearbook Launch. Good idea.

Had a bit of a lead last night as to making the 2010 Yearbook a LOT cheaper. Dundalk Photographic Society recently published a book, about the size of our Yearbook, in softback. They had 1000 copies printed. I will not say the exact price of their cost, but just to say it was less than €10 a copy. :D

As that was a topic of discussion, one of the members approached me after the meeting to say that he heads up the organisation which represents Irish Printers & he should be able to locate someone who would help us to produce a suitable product at a reasonable price. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

CabanSail wrote: »
    I think it would be a good date for a 2010 Yearbook Launch. Good idea.

Yea!!!! Can we start arguing about the colour wheel now???? haw, haw.. can we...., can we....., haw????? :p

The book is a great idea. But probably anything of significance done through the forum should be noted as being a 10years young event.

I also like the idea of something that would allow "10 years of photographs in the making" to be branded.

10 years of boards photography forum, 1st year of the all ireland photography event planned later in the year must have some opportunities.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Just been looking waaaay back again.

It seems to have been all things to do with Digital Art to start with. The first Photographic Question I can see is on page 13. It's from Samson.

There is also the annoucement of the launch of Photoshop 7.

After a year the forum had only a dozen pages. We do that much traffic in a fortnight now.

This anniversary is only a few weeks away now.

Any ideas of what we could do to mark the day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Massive argument followed by a thread in feedback?

Fajitas! wrote: »

I was thinking of something different & serious .... not good fun like that!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Fajitas! wrote: »

post reported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Yer all Nancy boys/girls with yer young join dates!! :) youse wouldnt remember that far back in the mists of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Borderfox wrote: »
    Yer all Nancy boys/girls with yer young join dates!! :) youse wouldnt remember that far back in the mists of time

Pfft- whippersnapper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

how about a two day piss-up :)

Fionn wrote: »
    how about a two day piss-up :)

Sounds good ..... can have it at my place & I will supply the booze. :D

Happy anniversary to forum 27!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Happy Birthday to You
    Happy Birthday to You-hooeee
    Happy Birthday
    DEAR PHOTOGRAHY FORUM
    We all love you-hoeeeeee

Coasters.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Happy anniversary to forum 27!!!

A forum named after an aperture f27 ?????? (weird if it is)

Yay!!!!! Pull a pint/have a beer/crack open a bottle of wine later in celebration.

I wonder who is the oldest snapper in town ????? Active, and still posting (even occasionally).... any suggestions........ i'm too much of a noob ;)

Just been looking waaaay back again.

It seems to have been all things to do with Digital Art to start with. The first Photographic Question I can see is on page 13. It's from Samson.

There is also the annoucement of the launch of Photoshop 7.

After a year the forum had only a dozen pages. We do that much traffic in a fortnight now.

So the Gong goes to Samson.

Advertisement