Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal -v- Bolton, 19.45

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

nuxxx wrote: »
    kevin davies is brilliant in the air in fairness!

The expert on the commentary I watched certainly had a boner for him.....did he score any of Arsenals four goals though?....nope!!.....waheyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

FedEx wrote: »
    Defo won the league now ....

i thought u were supposed to be a chelsea supporter??

well done the arsenal, of course we are going to require our top spot back, but sure keep it warm for us!!:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

x PyRo wrote: »
    Fabregas is pure class. Un-believable.
    He is playing pretty damn exceptionally lately. Muamba barely left his side all game but he couldn't keep him under wraps. Cesc played like this before for Spain in the EC QF and SF, but he's doing it on an even more frequent basis now. When he's in this kind of form we've always got a chance.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

He is playing pretty damn exceptionally lately. Muamba barely left his side all game but he couldn't keep him under wraps. Cesc played like this before for Spain in the EC QF and SF, but he's doing it on an even more frequent basis now. When he's in this kind of form we've always got a chance.

The new system suits him down to the ground. We need Song back asap though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Frisbee wrote: »
    Eduardo played up front today?

I only seen the second half but it certainly seemed like Arshavin was through the middle as much as down the side and the same with Eduardo. I don't think they have fixed positions anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm 99% certain Eduardo played through the middle tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

watching delayed coverage - what a strike by rosicky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Early defending pissed me off so much that I went for a walk at HT. What a nice surprise to return to :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Just watching highlights now, should have been a red for Gallas and a free to Bolton leading up to second arsenal goal. Really shockingly bad tackle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just watched the highlights on Sky. Poor poor defending for Bolton's first goal. Almunia should really have saved their penalty.

Great goal from Rosicky to put Arsenal back in it.

Didn't see the entire game but from what the highlights were showing, Fabregas was top class. Controversial goal though as Bolton should definitely have had a free kick.

Vermalean (sp?) looked more of a striker than a defender for his goal. Great technique and great finish.

Arshavin's goal was a typical Arsenal build up. Took it very well.

The title race is very very interesting now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

if they could buy a few bigger/stronger players they'd remove the thoughts at the back of my mind that i cant see them winning the premier league this season or the ones in the near future.

as a neutral these days arsenal are the club who i`d love to see win the league, and to see the look on fabregas face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

ragg wrote: »
    shock horror, arsene didn't see the assaut by gallas :rolleyes: typical. I love watching arsenal, but they are a nasty, vindictive bunch of twats

Wenger in the interview said that he hadn't watched it yet. I would like to think that he'd admit that it was a foul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

shock horror, arsene didn't see the assaut by gallas :rolleyes: typical. I love watching arsenal, but they are a nasty, vindictive bunch of twats

Can we not just say like Scholes, " he cant tackle, so 2 footed tackles are OK, or JT or SG, a full blooded "English" tackle....

It was nowhere near Taylor's tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Like all other managers when it involves one of their players , at least he speaks to the media

You obviously wern't watching Bolton trying to kick lumps out of them for this game and the previous ones. Easy to pick and choose who you want to comment on isn't it?.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That_Guy wrote: »
    Wenger in the interview said that he hadn't watched it yet. I would like to think that he'd admit that it was a foul.

Actually he said he needed to watch it again as had only seen it live, but didn't think it was a bad tackle and he wanted the interviewer to compile all the tackles from both sides from both games into one tape and compare them as a whole. That Bolton has the bad tackles overall.

For someone who goes way over the top when on the receiving end he can really be annoying when his players do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

copacetic wrote: »
    For someone who goes way over the top when on the receiving end he can really be annoying when his players do it.

And of course all the other managers are different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

You obviously wern't watching Bolton trying to kick lumps out of them for this game and the previous ones. Easy to pick and choose who you want to comment on isn't it?.

Bolton played an awesome first half - played the game in a great spirit - that challenge by gallas, if it was on an Arsenal player, you can bet your life Arsene wenger would have seen it :rolleyes:

It had way more meaning then taylors -it was designed to injure the player, I love how arsenal play, they play football, they play with skill, but not in the spirit of the game

Bolton played an awesome first half - played the game in a great spirit - that challenge by gallas, if it was on an Arsenal player, you can bet your life Arsene wenger would have seen it :rolleyes:

It had way more meaning then taylors -it was designed to injure the player, I love how arsenal play, they play football, they play with skill, but not in the spirit of the game

Who do you support ?. Probably a team of Angels with no malice in their souls at all ?. :rolleyes:

I only seen the tackle once and it looked dirty alright but if you go out on the field you have to expect these things, like with Eduardo, RvP and all other players that got tackled by opponents on the field.

How do you know it had more meaning than Taylors ?. Can you hack into peoples minds to see what they're thinking ?. You could make serious money out of that stuff. :rolleyes:

Glad you can interpret it that way. Not at all biased. Who plays "in the spirit of the game" MO'N's AV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Bolton were dirty.Arsenal resonded with dirty but did it better.That's the game I saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Yes their disciplinary record shows that alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Frisbee wrote: »
    I'm 99% certain Eduardo played through the middle tonight.

From watching or from the lineups? Because SkySports ScoreCentre had Arshavin in the middle.
    Plus he was hardly on the left when he scored his goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

efb wrote: »
    Top of the league!!!!

Mind ya don't get a dose of vertigo while yr up there like Liverpool always do!

Mind ya don't get a dose of vertigo while yr up there like Liverpool always do!

United wont finish 1st!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

_41617364_chel2.jpg

Will. :)

Johner wrote: »
    _41617364_chel2.jpg

Will. :)

I win €60 if they do. I wont min if Arsenal beat them to the title tho...

From watching or from the lineups? Because SkySports ScoreCentre had Arshavin in the middle.
    From watching. Eduardo was definately central. Arshavin switched to the right when Vela came on for Rosicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Great game to watch, stunning goals just awe, deffo going to be an interesting second half of the prem.

efb wrote: »
    United wont finish 1st!!!

Whoever said that West Ham were even in the running?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Me, I Did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

As a United fan I'm glad Arsenal are doing so well, if we don't win it I hope Arsenal do, not just the sexy football, but alot of players in the team I actually admire and like, Fabregas, Arshavin and Vermaelan in particular.

Smegball wrote: »
    As a United fan I'm glad Arsenal are doing so well, if we don't win it I hope Arsenal do, not just the sexy football, but alot of players in the team I actually admire and like, Fabregas, Arshavin and Vermaelan in particular.

You're not supposed to say stuff like that out loud.

You're not supposed to say stuff like that out loud.

Let the man speak. :D

awww!

Someone find me a Hugz & Kisses picture quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

awww!

Someone find me a Hugz & Kisses picture quick!

hugs_and_kisses_reflecting_teddy_bear.gif

jasonorr wrote: »
    hugs_and_kisses_reflecting_teddy_bear.gif

This "Bro-mance" stuff is making me feel very uncomfortable.

This "Bro-mance" stuff is making me feel very uncomfortable.

What the hell does that mean? That term makes me feel very uncomfortable!

What the hell does that mean? That term makes me feel very uncomfortable!

A bromance or man-crush is a close but "non-sexual" relationship between two (or more) men, a form of homosocial intimacy.

(Source - Wikipedia)

Can we please talk about football again? I've made myself feel uncomfortable just by posting that.

• Advertisement

I suppose they are the most realistic und finishing highest...

From watching. Eduardo was definately central. Arshavin switched to the right when Vela came on for Rosicky.

This, Eduardo was definitely central.

Just because he scored his goal from the centre doesn't meen he played as a striker. He drifts in, as most wingers are want to do when the bell is in the opposition penalty area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Yeah, they really need to re-evaluate how they do the fair play league. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

copacetic wrote: »
    Actually he said he needed to watch it again as had only seen it live, but didn't think it was a bad tackle and he wanted the interviewer to compile all the tackles from both sides from both games into one tape and compare them as a whole. That Bolton has the bad tackles overall.

After watchin it again Wenger has apologised for the Gallas tackle

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2010/0121/wengera.html

Happy now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

The worst tackle in the first game was Eastmond's one on Lee, and Gallas' was by far the worst in the second game. Both should have got booked (Gallas possibly a straight red) but, surprise, surprise, no card for either.

When Eduardo's leg was broken against Birmingham a couple of years ago Arsenal and Wenger were a lot more forthright in their views. The tackle in that game wasn't particularly malicious, just badly timed, I'm not sure the same can be said about Gallas last night.

Arsenal fans didn't do themselves any favours by cheering at the sight of an obviously seriously injured opponent being stretchered off.

kagni wrote: »
    The worst tackle in the first game was Eastmond's one on Lee

Really?

What about when Taylor kneeled on the back of Fabregas' head and then pulled his hair?

Or when Robinson absolutely clattered Fabregas from behind with no intention of playing the ball? Purelay as an act of revenge for Fabregas making a fool of him.

Or when Rosicky kicked the legs from under a Bolton player (I can't remember who, might have been Cohen?) from behind.

Gallas' tackle wasn't a nice one, and yes should have been a red, but it wasn't the worst tackle in the two games, and neither was Eastmonds.

The worst incident in the two games was Taylor using Fabregas' neck as a church pew.

• Advertisement

When Eduardo's leg was broken against Birmingham a couple of years ago Arsenal and Wenger were a lot more forthright in their views. The tackle in that game wasn't particularly malicious, just badly timed, I'm not sure the same can be said about Gallas last night.

Seriously? Gallas' tackle was worse and looked more intentional than this?

TackleMOS_468x278.jpg

Just go away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

Seriously? Gallas' tackle was worse and looked more intentional than this?

TackleMOS_468x278.jpg

Just go away!

Where did I say Gallas' tackle was worse than that?

Anyone who compares what happened between Taylor and Fabregas to the tackle on Mark Davies is nuts. The tackle on Davies could have finished his season, Fabregas got his hair pulled and a knee rubbed in his face, hardly career threatening!

No doubt Arsenal can be great to watch but I'm getting tired of the myopia of Arsenal supporters who can't recognise that their team have a petty, vindictive streak running through them, it's not all beautiful football. Arsenal players have committed some pretty nasty tackles in fixtures against Bolton over recent years, but these are conveniently forgotten. Bolton do play a physical game and put in some hard tackles but Arsenal's usual response is nasty, dangerous over the top tackles.

Off the top of my head I can remember Campo getting his foot broken by Diaby a few years ago.
    And there was this one last year...
    diabyAI3103_468x449.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,132 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Anyone who compares what happened between Taylor and Fabregas to the tackle on Mark Davies is nuts. The tackle on Davies could have finished his season, Fabregas got his hair pulled and a knee rubbed in his face, hardly career threatening!

No doubt Arsenal can be great to watch but I'm getting tired of the myopia of Arsenal supporters who can't recognise that their team have a petty, vindictive streak running through them, it's not all beautiful football. Arsenal players have committed some pretty nasty tackles in fixtures against Bolton over recent years, but these are conveniently forgotten. Bolton do play a physical game and put in some hard tackles but Arsenal's usual response is nasty, dangerous over the top tackles.

Off the top of my head I can remember Campo getting his foot broken by Diaby a few years ago.
    And there was this one last year...
    diabyAI3103_468x449.jpg
    Bolton deserve every bit of it simply by having Kevin Davies on the team

???

???
    diabyAI3103_468x449.jpg

That is a bad tackle by Diaby, I don't condone bad tackles but, what Wenger says rings true!
    Wenger wrote:
    Over the two games if you sit down and look at the tackles we got and the tackles we made I do not think that they are in a situation to complain about our play.

The Gallas tackle was bad I agree but, the hypocrisy of a team that, through the years, have kicked us off the pith to disrupt our game complaining when we dish a little back is just a bit much to be honest! Gallas wasn't intentionally late, he was just late. Can the same be said for Bolton over the years? Certainly not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I can't believe people are still harping on about that tackle. It's even in the papers again today!

• Advertisement
Advertisement