Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiator bleed valves - old style

• 20-01-2010 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

does anyone know where I can get some of these?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Rad bleeds haven't changed that much, some bleeds are still located @ back of rad, others @ side with a provision for opening with a small flat head. I take it bleed head is worn out?

What kind of rad to you have, old cast iron? or panel rad with bleed @ back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Just The One

items wrote: »
    Rad bleeds haven't changed that much, some bleeds are still located @ back of rad, others @ side with a provision for opening with a small flat head. I take it bleed head is worn out?

What kind of rad to you have, old cast iron? or panel rad with bleed @ back?

panel rad with bleed at back.

I had to turn off two rads cause the bleed valve is dodgy and leaking... reckon someone tightened it too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Finding bleeds shouldn't be a problem most plumbing suppliers stock spare / replacement bleeds. Your problem might be taking old ones out, they could be well past it, either seized up or corroded to a point where they are leaking.

When bleeds are bad, they have to be drilled out, rad re tapped and new bleed fitted. Not sure if this will relate to your bleeds, you wont know until you try and remove them.

Old rads, the name Barlo comes to mind, so when asking for bleeds, mention Barlo roll top rads.

Advertisement