Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unicode

• 20-01-2010 1:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone convert unicode to LaTeX here. I usually find nice ways around LaTeX commands but I'm stumped - trying to get 𝟙 (U+1D7D9) to show up in a document. But I don't want to download an entire Chinese/Latin/African .cls file!

I'm using Kile on Ubuntu - and I usually pdflatex, but dvi is cool too. A lecturer I once had used this symbol in his LaTeX documents so I know it's doable.

edit#3: I can't believe it - looking through some of the posts, there was a site that did image recognition and it recognised 𝟙 as part of the bbold package!

Don't use bbold if you like the 69a45f1e602cd2b2c2e67e41811fd226.png mathbb fonts for the algebraic fields - use amsmath, amssymb and bbm NOT bbold since the aforementioned characters in bbold overwrite them in amssymb (or vice-versa; whichever was last) and look slightly different.

In short if you want to use the identity element symbol 𝟙 and the amssymb blackboard bold 69a45f1e602cd2b2c2e67e41811fd226.png in the one document then use amssymb alongside bbm - whew!

Advertisement