Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Mythology Tattoos

Options
  • 20-01-2010 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

I know a lot of people get tattoos of runes, or mjollnir (which I think look awesome) but does anyone have, or have pictures of, tattoos relating to Irish mythology? Something connected to teh Morrigan, or Lughs spear for example?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I have one based on the woad war paint the celts used to wear into battle, its just a series of spirals and angles, I went with a dark gray for the colour instead of woad blue though. Its not finished yet though.

There was someone on the "Show you mine" thread had a figure from Irish mythology which looked really good recently. Can't remember who it was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

Don't know if it's the kinda of thing you're talking about but I have a celtic cross. One piece of advice I got about celtic art as tattoos is that it often has to be bigger than you might think because of the knotwork due to the spread of the ink.

I'll have a scout round for some Irish mythology stuff (used to study the artwork) & see if I can get anything for you. Anything in particular you like/dislike?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 big zeb

hi, ya might like to check out some of jim fitzpatricks artwork, he does some fantastic celtic mythology. it might not be everyones bag but its worth a look
    Z

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Teeth

I have a tattoo of the Morrigan,its a full back piece.She has ravens surrounding her.

I also have Cerrunos the god of the forest.It`s unfinished, there`s more to come.

I read most of the old Celtic tales when I was a nipper and she`s the one who stuck out in my mind the most.
    Its not Jim Fitzpatrick-y in the slightest but there was a bit of inspiration there.He`s an excellent source to work from...allso think about ogham, patterns on shields,Warpaint (think someone mentioned that earlier) the rock at the entrance to newgrange.

Not a whole load of help but my 2p anyway.

Advertisement