Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any VW sales people here?

• 20-01-2010 1:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

friend is looking to buy a brand new VW Polo in the next week or two.
    just looking for the best price possible!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Funny - I've just been doing calling round all morning about buying a new Polo for my mother under the scrappage scheme (1.2 petrol)

There seems to be a chronic shortage of them in metallic in the 60bhp variant. There is a 70hp 1.2 petrol, but costs €600 more.

Mother has heart set on a silver metallic, been quoted 14 - 16 weeks leadtime!! On price - not much difference between dealers - range from €13,400 to €13,750 under scrappage scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

bf wrote: »
    60bhp variant.

Would you not be quicker on a push bike? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

There seems to be a chronic shortage of them in metallic in the 60bhp variant.

Don't worry they're en route - they take several months to get from the factory to the dealers. They're that slow.:P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Funny - I've just been doing calling round all morning about buying a new Polo for my mother under the scrappage scheme (1.2 petrol)

There seems to be a chronic shortage of them in metallic in the 60bhp variant. There is a 70hp 1.2 petrol, but costs €600 more.

Mother has heart set on a silver metallic, been quoted 14 - 16 weeks leadtime!! On price - not much difference between dealers - range from €13,400 to €13,750 under scrappage scheme.

cheers, shes been quoted in between 13,000 - 14,250 for the 60bhp 5 door!
    and 12 week lead time, which she doesnt mind waiting on.

also bear in mind the scrappage scheme on these cars only give 320e as thats all the VRT is on the Polo in the first place, so if you get that little extra for your own car, it would make more sense not to go in under the scrappage scheme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

kceire wrote: »
    cheers, shes been quoted in between 13,000 - 14,250 for the 60bhp 5 door!
    and 12 week lead time, which she doesnt mind waiting on.

also bear in mind the scrappage scheme on these cars only give 320e as thats all the VRT is on the Polo in the first place, so if you get that little extra for your own car, it would make more sense not to go in under the scrappage scheme.

How is it that there is only €320 VRT total on a polo?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

mickdw wrote: »
    How is it that there is only €320 VRT total on a polo?

thats what the dealers have been saying. she doesnt qualify for the 1500 scrappage scheme, only 320e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bf

Luckily its not for me, so the 60hp doesnt bother me :)

List price for the 5 door is €14,930 + Delivery €500 + Metallic €417 so total is €15,847. Taking into account scrappage of €1,500 it would appear the additional discount being offered is about €1,100

Advertisement