Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed killer on old lawn then rollout grass?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm hoping somebody can help me, I've just finished an extension on the back of the house and need to redo the garden. There are a lot of weeds growing through the existing lawn so my plan is to rip that up level it and spray a load of weed killer, then put down a new lawn with the roll out grass.

Is it ok to place the grass on earth thats been sprayed with weed killer or is there a certain amount of time I have to wait?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭87pio

spray it off first. Leave it for 2 or 3 weeks(in this weather) and then take up the old lawn. Rotivate the ground, level it again(may put a bit of top soil, or top dress sand to do it) and roll out new weed free lawn:) If u want a cheap place to get instant grass etc PM me.

Advertisement