Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Post Bank?

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Or something. I don't know what else to call it. Is it possible to request something where we can keep and store some of our most awesome and favourite posts? I feel like I am repeating myself sometimes and rather do a search for my own posts, I can stick them somewhere in my user CP.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'd +1 this but I simply have too many classics to keep track of. :cool:

Anyway, why can't you just keep a "WindSock's Best Posts" bookmark folder in your browser*?

*I think that's the proper lingo, I'm not very techy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Bookmark folder in your browser would be best. I keep the odd thread there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

just click my profile and select "Find more posts by tbh"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

tbh wrote: »
    just click my profile and select "Find more posts by tbh"

You say "jizz" a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You say "jizz" a lot.

I don't just say it Penny Unimportant Trap. I *am* it.

wait, that's not what I mea-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I switch computermabos regularly so no go for the browser thing. Plus they are shared computers and I don't want others to know I lead a secret double life on boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ah you want mobile firefox or something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i actually think that's a really good idea. and i share computer too, so bookmark's a bit of a no-go for me. really really like that idea actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Use the Biki, I think there's something there at the moment regarding best posts, although it's not because the Biki is down at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

WindSock wrote: »
    I switch computermabos regularly so no go for the browser thing. Plus they are shared computers and I don't want others to know I lead a secret double life on boards.
    theres an app for that. i cant recall the name but it stores your firefox settings and bookmarks online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Or if you use Google Reader (comes with every Gmail account), there's a bookmarklet that lets you save webpages to your Notes section in 'My Stuff'.

So just drag that into your toolbar on each of the browsers you use and you can access them anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think some forums keep a list of epic threads in one of the stickies, I know the poker forum has this. It's fun looking back at the most entertaining threads over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

When you have separate user accounts on the same (Windows) computer, do you have your own favourites?

Maybe just set up different accounts if so?

Sorry if by shared you mean work or college computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Overheal wrote: »
    theres an app for that. i cant recall the name but it stores your firefox settings and bookmarks online.

Xmarks?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just subscribe to the threasd and turn off any notifications, bookmarked on your boards./ie account then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

WindSock wrote: »
    Or something. I don't know what else to call it.

Call it a post office!:pac:

Delicious.com?

There's a link to it on pretty much every page on the internet, including pages on Boards.

Advertisement