Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jag X-type d opinions.

Options
  • 20-01-2010 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭

I'm looking for opinions on the Jag x-type diesel. I want to buy a second car, (diesel saloon) and don't want to spend more than 8k. I'm looking at 04 models in the uk for around the 5 - 6 k mark. VRT is approx 2 k. I'm not really bothered about resale value as I'd intend to keep for about 2 years. What I'd like to know is about the cost of ownership & reliability etc.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

My wife has a 2.5L petrol - 2004, silver. Great car - never had any issues whatsoever. Very comfortable, full leather & all elecs, etc.
    And they're cheap enough now. I'd recommend it.

And I'd also recommend to ignore the (soon to arrive ITT) people who say "it's just a Ford, yadda, yadda, yadda" when it's clearly not. I don't care what basic engine similarities they share - it looks different, it drives different, the body is different, the spec is different, the interior is different, etc... The OP isn't looking for a Mondeo, so get over it.
    The reality is that almost all car companies are owned by a larger parent company and they share some parts with other makes. It makes sense if a company can use a part that fits their design requirements and take advantage of the lower price obtained through economies of scale.

Edit:
    In reality, the X-Type used only 18% of Ford Mondeo's components
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_X-Type

Advertisement