Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia Day in Dublin

Options
  • 20-01-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of anything happening for Australia Day next week? My girlfriend and I are expats and would love to find a place to have a drink and possibly listen to the Hottest 100...

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

The Woolshed on Parnell St is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭u:mack

The button factory rock venue on curve street in temple bar is celebrating Australia day on 26th with a free performance by ac/dc tribute act ac?dc. they're doing 3 pint of fosters for a tenner. kicks off at 7.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

u:mack wrote: »
    they're doing 3 pint of fosters for a tenner

Yeah but will there be real beer as well ?? ;) Maybe some VB or Tooheys.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Woolshed is definately your best bet have been there 2 years in a row, not going tonight as I'm broke.

They have loads of drinks promotions and usually have a wet tshirt competition too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

What do the aborigines call it - invasion day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Nolanger wrote: »
    What do the aborigines call it - invasion day?

Nolanger remind yourself of something.Most of the people in Australia were forced there under prison sentences,for robbing a slice of bread etc.. So i think they are entitled to have Australia day.The people who took over and killed and degraded the native population are long dead.

Happy Australia day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

caseyann wrote: »
    The people who took over and killed and degraded the native population are long dead.
    So is the Tasmanian Tiger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

i think this sums up Amnesia Australia day.

it is kinda sad that even after all this time, no progress has been made ...

Advertisement