Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exhaust just fell off- what now?

• 20-01-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

My beloved little car that i spent 600 getting new exhaust part fitted on last year, has just had part of the back pipe fall off, and i dont know what to do abot it. is it an expensive job to fix or replace? its quite rusty so maybe better to take off and replace. luckily i had a coat hanger in car and wired it up to the exhaust to hold it on til journeys end. l

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

cheap job, just pop into any fast fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

gussieg wrote: »
    My beloved little car that i spent 600 getting new exhaust part fitted on last year, has just had part of the back pipe fall off, and i dont know what to do abot it. is it an expensive job to fix or replace? its quite rusty so maybe better to take off and replace. luckily i had a coat hanger in car and wired it up to the exhaust to hold it on til journeys end. l

Very cheap fix, - get it welded back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Whats the make and Model of the car

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭gussieg

ok will do thanks

its a a little subaru vivio 97

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Sorry, this topic reminded me of this! This is completely unrelated but might give you a laugh while you figure out what to do.

thanks for that Rowley :D ! i drove into a fast fit exhaust place with my wired up back bits and was told it needs a whole new part to be replaced at least 160 he said fully fitted. So im looking online to see can i get it for less, not yet..

plus since the bad weather she is getting hard to start . tried just now and no go. any ideas is it the sparks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

You spent €600 on an exhaust and didn't notice the rust o_O

thanks for the constructive comment, the part they charged 600 for is just fine thanks. Its the other part at the back of that that now needs replacing. And I wont be going back to that garage again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Well to be completely honest, if I was to buy an exhaust it'd be a Spec III, and that's near €600 for all three sections.

So what section did you get ripped off on?

as if i'd know . They quoted me 300 on the job, and came back and charged 600.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Probably the downpipe and cat that cost the e600; it's the backbox that fell off, so shouldn't be too dear

is that what you call it? the back box ? now i know what to ask for when i go looking :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭Dartz

Sell the car at a profit to some skangers. Sure, they'll pay more for the 'tuning' removing the silencer has done.

Advertisement