Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline discussing Limerick regeneration

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Then your neghbours shouldn't sell/rent their houses to the council should they??

And how the hell am I supposed to stop my neighbours selling/renting ?

Regardless, it still doesn't change the FACT that scumbags moved in and it doesn't excuse their drug dealing and violent behaviour. I think I'm entitled to live in peace. I really don't know what your point is if any. Oh yeah..you were talking about people renting and receiving subsidies. This has got feck all to do with some of them being scumbags other than the fact they are lowlife drug dealers who also feel they have a sense of entitlement to get everything free and never wanting to work a day in their lives. F8ck them I say. I hope they all die roaring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

a lack of effective punishment for anti-social behavior is the real problem. As I understand the regeneration agency hasn't even started moving people yet. Once that starts,things will get a lot worse. If I were you I would sell up and move to somewhere well away from Limerick. Once people related to major drug families are rehoused, property in the areas they move to will become worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

06/02/2010 - 08:52:16
    The massive regeneration programme for Limerick appears to be falling victim to the economic downturn.

It is reported this morning that the Government cannot afford the €1.7bn it was committed to spending on the plans over nine years.

The regeneration of four estates in Limerick city is seen as crucial in dealing with criminal and anti-social issues in the area.

Defence Minister and Limerick TD Willie O'Dea has said no more than €25m can be afforded per year and he is keen to attract private-sector funding for the project.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/limerick-regeneration-project-in-doubt-445036.html#ixzz0ekM9sgZn

Would Limerick City Council like their scumbags back so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭funnyname

Hold on FF and their builder friends are going to come to the rescue.

“I can’t give their identity, but they are local builders, people who have been involved in the building trade for a long time . . . they are solid guys,” said Mr O’Dea, who estimated they had “a couple of hundred million euro” to invest.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0206/1224263888398.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

i had to move from my family home and leave all my friends behind because they felt my life wasn't worth ****, implying i should be grateful to leave my community to move beside drowns of people afraid of there own shadows.
    lifeless people who live in a box goodbye friends hello keeping up with the Joneses. noting worse then middle class *****. u no who u are ,,,, go on the island,moyross,southhill,westen and garryowen they can tear us down and split us up our revenge will be the laughter of our children while they hide in there houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

funnyname wrote: »
    Hold on FF and their builder friends are going to come to the rescue.

“I can’t give their identity, but they are local builders, people who have been involved in the building trade for a long time . . . they are solid guys,” said Mr O’Dea, who estimated they had “a couple of hundred million euro” to invest.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2010/0206/1224263888398.html

Would this be the same Mr. O'Dea who lies under oath?, from the same newspaper
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0203/1224263660213.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Flaccus wrote: »
    And how the hell am I supposed to stop my neighbours selling/renting ?

Regardless, it still doesn't change the FACT that scumbags moved in and it doesn't excuse their drug dealing and violent behaviour. I think I'm entitled to live in peace. I really don't know what your point is if any. Oh yeah..you were talking about people renting and receiving subsidies. This has got feck all to do with some of them being scumbags other than the fact they are lowlife drug dealers who also feel they have a sense of entitlement to get everything free and never wanting to work a day in their lives. F8ck them I say. I hope they all die roaring.

There is nothing stopping you from calling 1800 666 111 and reporting any drug dealing in your area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 paulplonk

well i live in a middle class area and have been subject to loads of abuse ny my neighbours who think im a scumbag. so it works both ways i hope them 'scum give you hell/

ps its the rise in unemployment that gives a rise in crime its happening everywhere. dimwits, scum or no scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

paulplonk wrote: »
    well i live in a middle class area and have been subject to loads of abuse ny my neighbours who think im a scumbag. so it works both ways i hope them 'scum give you hell/

ps its the rise in unemployment that gives a rise in crime its happening everywhere. dimwits, scum or no scum.

Whatever for? You sound like a sound fellow. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

paulplonk wrote: »

Why do they think your a scumbag?What abuse has happened?

And crime is committed by scum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

alrightcuz wrote: »
    i had to move from my family home and leave all my friends behind because they felt my life wasn't worth ****, implying i should be grateful to leave my community to move beside drowns of people afraid of there own shadows.
    lifeless people who live in a box goodbye friends hello keeping up with the Joneses. noting worse then middle class *****. u no who u are ,,,, go on the island,moyross,southhill,westen and garryowen they can tear us down and split us up our revenge will be the laughter of our children while they hide in there houses

Why did you have to move from your family home?Who are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

I couldn't make any sense of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭alrightcuz

regeneration is forced on alot of people, the ones who rent have no choice but to move yea to a nicer house but to ***** for neighbors who wont even give you the time of day mainly cause there too afraid .
    then they knock all the houses around the ones who own there house forceing them to sell to them and move. community's are left destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

regeneration is forced on alot of people, the ones who rent have no choice but to move yea to a nicer house but to ***** for neighbors who wont even give you the time of day mainly cause there too afraid .
    then they knock all the houses around the ones who own there house forceing them to sell to them and move. community's are left destroyed.

very interesting, hadn't thought of it this way before. If homes really have been knocked around some houses which continue to be inhabited, it would be great to see some photographic proof of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

There is nothing stopping you from calling 1800 666 111 and reporting any drug dealing in your area.

Which does FA if just 1 person reports it. Cops either know about it and say they are following it up or ignore you. If enough people report it, then eventually something might happen. That's been my experience.

Advertisement