Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Party for 10 year old

Options
  • 20-01-2010 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

I have a 10 year old who want to celebrate his Birthday. He's past the play centre thing and want to go bowling. Any suggestions for a venue in North Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

UCI is the only one I can think of, Malahide Road in Coolock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

As an alternative what I have done around that age is hire a local sports hall and play indoor soccer and/or Basketball for an hour or so. Works out as good value and chaps around that age love it (in my experience).

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

PM sent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Nice Chap

Thanks everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin County North

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭aniascor

Depending on how close you are to Drogheda Aura Leisure centre might be a good option. They have bowling there.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

aniascor wrote: »
    Depending on how close you are to Drogheda Aura Leisure centre might be a good option. They have bowling there.
    As have Funtasia, in either Drogheda or Bettystown - they also have kids party areas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

My daughter wentot an activity one in St Maurs in Rush a few weeks back. did the grub there too with a nice big hall.

We're trying an art based one in the art place across from Supervalu in Skerries for her own in two week but a girl aged six doubt it would appease a gang od 12 yr old lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Funtasia Water Park in Drogheda - as opposed to the playplace in Bettystown. It's less damaging to your wallet and the facilities are great. Apparently it's only open certain days of the week (but the pool is open all the week) so you might want to ring ahead to make sure they are open.

Movies@ in Swords do a Birthday package. It's central, handy for parking and gives the rest of the parents something to do while their kids are in watching a film.

The racing track down beside the M50 flyover on the old Swords Road does packages too. Their name escapes me right now but you could bring the kids paintballing/racing (whatever is appropriate).

The curiosity in a 10 year old is great. Rather than a conventional party is there somewhere you have a connection with that might be able to facilitate an interesting tour? For example a factory or a museum/backstage at a theatre - you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

My daughter who is big into sports had her 7th Birthday in St. Maurs G.A.A Club Rush.

The guy who runs Rush fitness and leisure gym, John, who are based in St. Maurs, done everything. Some good games for the kids which lasted over an hour and food was supplied, chicken dippers that type of stuff. It was reasonable enough and the whole thing lasted about 2 hours. The hall is big enough so the kids have plenty of space. I would recommend it as a good alternative to play centres.

(I am on committee of St. Maurs)

• Advertisement
Advertisement