Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Operation Transformation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

Cool, seen a few photos from the Curragh. Looks good. A lot of get fit bootcamps are making money these days, maybe the army should run official ones, bring a bit of money in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

the idea has merit - British Military Fitness (a gang of ex-squaddies who allegedly thought up the idea as a way of getting rich blokes to pay them to shag their bored wives) is, i believe, now the biggest provider of outdoor fitness instruction/leisure in the UK...

obviously it won't happen because the fun police will get in the way - there'll be problems with insurance, doubtless some ridiculous constitutional issue will rear its unwelcome head, and the PTI's will all go deaf, but it is a good idea nontheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

There are a few private bootcamps being run in the Dublin area.

Owned and run by Defence Forces personnell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

benwavner wrote: »
    There are a few private bootcamps being run in the Dublin area.

Owned and run by Defence Forces personnell.

One or two I wouldn't mind taking out for private Judo lessons :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

One or two I wouldn't mind taking out for private Judo lessons :cool:

I dont know what way to take that: Private Judo ;) lessons or Private Judo :mad: lessons?!

I dident realise that the Army are going to be on it most weeks. The first week on was good,that Sgt Mulcahy is a bit of a lunatic! In a good way of course! Heard he is infamous within the DF. He was going on about "gentle" motivation is all the contestants needed! Had to laugh after he spent the whole run effiin and blinding at them!

Anyway,this weeks one was about water work. Dident see it as its not up on RTE Player yet.

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/#/photo.php?pid=3457884&id=741894086&fbid=271915129086

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

The Mul is an absolute hero..one of the not so funnest moments anyone on their POTs / PTL will have is having that lunatic bring you anywhere near brave heart hill!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭Irish_Army01

I dont know what way to take that: Private Judo ;) lessons or Private Judo :mad: lessons?!

I dident realise that the Army are going to be on it most weeks. The first week on was good,that Sgt Mulcahy is a bit of a lunatic! In a good way of course! Heard he is infamous within the DF. He was going on about "gentle" motivation is all the contestants needed! Had to laugh after he spent the whole run effiin and blinding at them!

Anyway,this weeks one was about water work. Dident see it as its not up on RTE Player yet.

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/#/photo.php?pid=3457884&id=741894086&fbid=271915129086

Yup...The Army will be involved for the entire series. This week it was the turn of the CTI's. We set up the obstacles in the pool for them and were there as Instructors throughout the day both in and out of the pool. I was seen once or twice ;-)

For the amount of effort we put in they showed very little...

This weeks ... http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1065100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

lol thought that was great, "did I ****** tell ye to walk? , SWIM"

Man that reminds me of pt. I didn't tell you to walk private, now everyone down and push ups... or some other punishment :mad:

Advertisement